Chapter 3 - Be A Gentleman

"Everyone be sure to come to the game tonight!" A group of cheerleaders yelled as students entered the school doors. Some girls gave them death glares and called them names and the guys basically drooled over them. I rolled my eyes and walked past them. I walked to my locker and got my books. When I shut my lockers I heard whistling and yelling. I turned to look at the doors of the school and watched as the whole entire football team entered the school wearing their jerseys. Only one of them caught my eye.

Noah Miller.

And it wasn't because he was Noah Miller but because he was wearing a different jersey than the rest of the football team. He seemed embarrassed the other night when he delivered the pizza to my house. But right now he is walking in my direction with a confident smile on his face.

"Hey sweetheart." He smiled.

"Hey." I smiled.

"You forgot to wear the school colors." He said pretending to be disappointed. I looked down at my outfit and realized I really did forget.

"Oops?" I said which sounded more like a question. He smiled then the next thing I knew was he took off his jersey leaving him in a very tight black shirt. I bit my lip trying not to stare at his abs that were showing threw his shirt.

"Lift your arms up." He said with a smirk.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Lift your arms up." He repeated. I was confused but did it anyway and he put his jersey on me. I raised my eyebrow at him. "Now you have school colors." He smiled.

"What about you?" I asked.

"We have two different jerseys. One that we wear at home games and one we wear at away games. I wore the wrong one anyway so you can wear that and I'll get my other one." He explained. I looked down at the jersey that was went down to right above my knees

"Um thanks?"

"Yea." He chuckled. "I gotta go. I'll see you at lunch."

I nodded and he walked away. I could already feel the daggers being sent in my direction. I looked around and saw that Everett was looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed. He seriously needs to stop giving me that look. Like why is he looking at me like that anyway. I sigh then I look at the cheerleaders who are giving me death glares. I sigh then walk towards my class.

Today is going to be a long day.

***

I hid in the bathroom stall at lunch. I didn't want to go into the lunch room wearing Noah's jersey. This morning was already hectic enough. Girls whispered bad things about me behind my back and I didn't like it. I'm getting a bunch of negative attention. I know Noah didn't mean for it to happen on purpose, he was just being nice. But since Monday he has been hanging out with Jessica and I and now its Friday and the girls get even more jealous as the days pass by. I heard the bathroom door open indicating someone has entered it. I covered my mouth trying not to make any noise. The foot steps stopped in front of the stall I was hiding in.

"Skylar I know your in there. I can see your converses from under the stall." A familiar voice said. Its Jessica. I unlocked the stall and slowly opened it looking at her. "Why aren't you in lunch? Noah, Everett, and me have been looking for you."

"I can't go in there." I said shaking my head. She gave me a puzzled look.

"Why not? Skylar are you okay?" She asked with concern and worry in her voice. That's all people have done, is worry about me constantly for almost a year now. It was fine at first but now its annoying.

"Haven't you noticed the death glares we've been getting while we've been around Everett and Noah. And today Noah let me wear his jersey and now every girl has been talking bad about me." I explained.