Chapter 43 - A Hindrance

Lin had been picking me up every day after school, and had also been dropping me off. I wasn't that nervous about Nick, to be honest, but I dealt with him for 6 months when we lived together, and then for a month since then, I can handle him. It wasn't a huge deal. William also insisted on walking me from class to class. I hadn't been alone since my meeting with Mr. Shrum, unless I was in my room.

Lin dropped me off, and I crutched over to the stairs and swung myself up the stairs on my right foot. The day seemed to go by extremely slowly, I was in my 6th period algebra class, we were doing a reviews for our test the next day. Almost seamlessly, review turned into trivia. My teacher asked a trivia question, one person from every group had to run up with the answer written on a piece of paper. I wasn't that immersed in pop culture so I didn't understand the Game Of Thrones questions, or the question about the soap opera Days of our Lives.

"Who was Spocks arch-nemesis in Star Trek?" Mr. Carlson asked. I had no idea, but my friend Leigh knew, she scribbled it down on a piece of paper and ran to the front of the room, only to be literally run over by Boris, a kid in my math class. He got the question right.

"KAAAAHHHHNNNN!" He belted out kneeling on the ground in victory. Sometimes, I really love my math class.

Sometime during the period, I left to go to the bathroom. I got myself out of class, and used the restroom. As I was crutching myself back to my classroom, I felt 2 hands on my shoulders.

"Let's go." Nicks voice was a whisper in my ear and he walked me to a corner of the school, not far from my math classroom, but in a place where we wouldn't be seen. He took the crutches from underneath my arms. "Sit." I slide down the wall slowly, until I was sitting with my good leg crossed over my bad leg which was out straight. "I'm going to take these," he held up my crutches, " and hide them, don't go anywhere, you'll get them back when I'm done." With that he walked away.

I may be starting to understand why everyone was still freaked out about Nick, I used my good leg and the wall to return to a standing position, I looked around, and saw him walking back over here. My heart started pounding and I leaned back against the wall. He rounded the corner and held me there by my shoulders, pushed them up against the wall.

"Why'd you tell on me?"

"I didn't," I tried to squirm away, "I didn't tell on you."

"You obviously told someone, in fact, I was there, you told the principal."

"He didn't believe me."

"And thank goodness for that." He pushed me into the wall a little bit harder.

"Please don't hurt me. Please. I've been through enough as it is. I've just been making everybody's life harder, I don't want to be a hindrance. You made me a hindrance. I have to be walked from class to class so this doesn't happen. Just, don't make it worse on anybody but me." I saw his expression change slightly, he looked down from my face to my ankle which was propped out a bit, so I wasn't putting weight on it.

"I won't hurt you. But, you have to keep quiet."

"I feel like we've been over this. I won't tell anyone, but it's not my fault if they find out because you leave me unconscious on the ground with a broken ankle."

"No. I mean actually quiet, right now." I was confused for a couple seconds, and then he smashed his lips against mine. I squirmed a little and tried to push him off, then move to either the left or right, but his grip on my shoulders prevented that. I whimpered from my position, and his hands moved down from my shoulder to my waist. He grabbed my waist, and I let out a tiny scream. The bruising there was nothing to laugh about. "I said shut up."

"Please stop." I whimpered, and I hated myself for it, I was pathetic. "Why me? Why do this to me? Why not some other chick? Why can't you just let me go? I have a great life now, please just let me live it."

"Shut up."

"STOP." This time I yelled it, I don't care anymore.

"No." Nick replied bluntly, and returned to being the third person to ever kiss me.

Suddenly Nick was literally yanked off me, literally. I felt arms wrap around me.

"Are you ok?" It was Anthony. "What did he do? Why are you alone?" It took a second to respond to his question, because I felt like my attention was better deserved where Daveed was pretty pissed at Nick and had him shoved into a wall, yelling into his face.

"I'm fine, he didn't do anything." Anthony and I were sitting against the wall.

"Are you sure? Hey, where are your crutches?" He asked looking around the general area we were in.

"Your guess is as good as mine." I shrugged.

"I'll be back in one second." He stood up and walked over to where Daveed Diggs was actually yelling at Nick.

"Hey." He said approaching the two of them. "Where did you put her crutches?"

"He took her crutches?" Daveed asked, confused, "why the heck would you do that?"

"So she couldn't leave," mumbled Nick, "guys bathroom."

"That is the weirdest place and, dude, have some respect," Anthony was dragging Nick over to the guys bathroom, "did it ever cross your mind that, if you have to take a girls crutches before you do something to her, it's probably best to just let her be."

"Hey, are you ok?" Daveed helped me back into a standing position.

"I'm fine, he didn't hurt me, I don't have a second broken ankle, it's fine, I'm fine."

Soon, Anthony returned with my crutches, "Go back to class!" He told Nick, who slowly walked  away. "Here." He helped me get back on my crutches. "Are you sure you'll be fine for the rest of the day?"

"It's just another half hour of algebra. I'll be fine." I smiled a little, "thank you so much. I'm serious. Thank you. I don't know where I would be without you guys." They walked me back to class, and the day simply continued as normal.

Hiya! It's morning! Again! Have a good day Wattpad!

Thanks for reading!

-Abi