Chapter 19: Release Party

"You guys really outdid yourself." I exclaim as I spin around to look at the party's exquisite décor.

Instead of having the release party in a bookstore, the publishers decided to have it in a club that I had been spotted at 3 years ago in order to match the 'socialite' theme. My book was displayed all over the place in both hardbook form and poster form. Lights flashed and moved all over the room highlighting the many guests that were attending. Waiters in dark charcoal uniforms walked around with platters piled high with all of my recipes. A bar sat in the right hand corner where a signature cocktail called "The Celia" was being served around the clock. Everything was centered around a stage which sat at the front of it all, a band playing smooth music while the guests milled around socializing and picking off hors d'oeuvres. It was perfect, exactly what I always wanted  it to be. My outfit, a black twist wrap dress and black heels, matches perfectly with the room.

The editor of my book, Agnes Roads, stands next to me smiling. "It was our pleasure Celia, now go and have some fun while you still can."

Making my way down the stairs to the center of the party, I find Dan who gawks at my short black twist wrap dress and matching black heels. "Celia you look amazing." He remarks.

"Thank you, and you don't look to bad yourself." I say gesturing to his matching black suit.

"Well I wanted to clean up for your special night. This is a big night for you and I wanted to do all that I can to make you look good." He says smiling as we continue to walk around the party talking to guests, signing books, and sipping on cocktails. The party was in full swing just as all the cellphones in the room started to beep. I instantly pull out my phone from my clutch and glare at the screen to see a blast from Gossip Girl.

Gossip Girl: Looks like little Miss Celia has another skeleton in her closet, or should I say lover in her bedroom. *Attachment* Seems like someone got themselves into a little bit of trouble.

After clicking on the attachment and see the picture that had been taken of the Senator and I making out on a hotel bed. The last time I had seen this picture was when I was at Nate's confessing what I had done, just before I left for Paris.

"Celia, what is this?" Dan says showing me his screen. "Please don't tell me you have done this while we have been dating."

"Don't worry It was before we were dating." I say and he immediately looks a little less tense. "That summer in the Hampton I was lonely and he was there for me. He made me feel like I was the only thing that mattered."

A look of minor disgust spread across his face. "Then why did you break up with him if you loved him so much? "

"He was married." I say and Dan still holds his glare. "I didn't know for most of the affair, but after I found out I didn't break it off right when I found out. Which is horrible, but his wife was awful. I should have broke it off, but you have to understand that I felt as if I could do anything at that time. I broke it off at the end of the summer and have been ignoring his phone calls since." I say and look around to see people continue to stare and whisper, gawking at the sight of Dan and I's quarrel. Dan recognizes this and pulls the both of us into an empty service hallway in order to get even a little bit more privacy.

"Why didn't you tell me about him Celia? After everything that we went through you couldn't of told me about this. This could ruin your career, his career, and even my career." Dan continues to say but I quickly interrupt him.

"I didn't want you to know about this because I was embarrassed by it and I didn't want for you to think of me as someone who cheats on the one they love. If I was okay for me to sleep with someone who was married, then who knows what I am capable of? I don't want for you to wake up in 5 years worrying about me sleeping with someone else."

"You think that we will be together in 5 years?"

"I think that in five years we will be married with a kid and living in our own little apartment. You writing all day and me cooking dinner every night." I say and grab his hands. "You could write all day and I could cook dinner every single night. We would have Thanksgiving at Blair's, make waffles on Sunday mornings, adopt a dog, and so much more."

"You really think about our future like that?"

"Yes, why?" Instead of quickly replying Dan smiles and kisses me.

"Because that's exactly what I want our future to be like."

Smiling, I realize what I have to do. "Then let's forget about all the drama and start our future now."

"What are you talking about Celia?"

"I don't want our future to be a future anymore, I want it to be our lives." I grab hold of his hands once again. "Daniel Humphrey, will you runaway with me?"

Dan gives me smile and gives me another kiss, more passionate than before.

"I am going to take that as a yes." I say as he picks me up, bridal style, and carries me off to our new life.

<Hi guys! I hope that you really like this chapter and that you are enjoying reading this story. I am so sorry for not updating lately but it has been a really crazy past couple of months and I haven't been able to sit down and right out new parts. But don't worry, more parts are coming soon. I want to thank you guys for reading this story, seeing how much you guys like it always brightens up my day, so thank you. Make sure to like and comment what you think of the story. Happy Reading :)>