Chapter 71

Mae, Cain, Alaricas, Jayden, Nicole, and I all sat in his office. The war was going to happen in two days and the pack was just finishing up their training. We had all the healthy males going and half of the healthy females.

We also have about three elders going, including Amelia's father. The council told Alaricas he wasn't allowed to kill him, so, Alaricas is hoping a skin-walker does.

"So....we're  going to surround them?" Cain asked.

Alaricas nodded, "Then, when I howl, we'll attack. Rip any skin-walker to pieces. Except for the one chained on the cliff, Dimitri is planning on saving him since he freed Dimitri."

"Me and four nurses will go to help with the wounded." Mae stated.

"Good, we'll need your help." Alaricas replied.

Cain frowned, "You are to hide away from any skin-walkers."

Mae rolled her eyes, "I can handle myself, Cain. Fuck off."

We all stared at them in shock, Cain released a sigh and ran his hand through his hair.

"Anyway...I'm going to hold a meeting with the pack this afternoon. Jayden and Nicole will stay behind to help protect the pack. The other half of our healthy warriors will stay behind as well. " Alaricas continued.

"We leave tomorrow for the USA." I spoke up.

"What about Eduardus and Amelia?" Nicole questioned.

Alaricas sighed, "They're already there. They've been getting the mansion ready. We haven't used it in a while."

"And your parents?"

"I made them rogues." Alaricas replied dryly.

Nicole nodded in understanding. Alaricas released a breath and leaned against his chair.

"It's settled?" He asked.

We all nodded quietly, he then dismissed us and started organizing his desk like I've been forcing him to.

I watched as Mae stormed out of the office, leaving behind a very hurt Cain. He looked at the floor for a while before standing up.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Cain, what happened?" I asked.

He bit his lip, "You know how I told my pack that Hayley was their temporary Luna?"

I nodded.

"Well, her mother decided to tell Mae that I promised to mate with Hayley when that never happened. Even Hayley told her that her mother was lying, but Mae being Mae, didn't believe us." He explained.

"Now, she hates me."

I frowned, "I doubt she hates you."

"She got herself a guest room." He mumbled.

Alaricas sighed, "Just give her some space, she'll eventually come around."

"I hope so, I at least want to spend some time with her before the war. If I lose her and she's still feeling betrayed then..." his voice cracked as he looked down.

I got up and hugged him, "Don't worry about it. She loves you, she's just being emotional."

He scoffed at that.

I rolled my eyes, "Did you and Hayley screw each other?"

"No."

"Did you ever make-out?"

"Yes, when we were dating like...six years ago."

"Does Mae know you dated her?"

"Not until Hayley's mother told her. Her mother is greedy and will do anything for money or power." He groaned.

"She's probably upset because you kept secrets from her. How is she supposed to believe you when you didn't even warn her?"

He bit his lip, "You have a point."

"Uh huh."

"I'm going to talk to her when she's not...trying to kill me."

"It'll work out." I assurred him.

I followed Alaricas to the backyard, hoping the pack will agree to help. We stood on the porch as everyone walked into the yard, forming half a circle before us.

I quickly spotted Mae who stood beside Nicole and Jayden, completely ignoring Cain. I frowned at how upset he seemed, he didn't have any emotion in his eyes besides pain. My heart broke for him, but I know there's not much I could do right now.

Alaricas quickly quieted down the pack and cleared his throat.

"As you all know, the skin-walkers have claimed a war against us. King Dimitri is planning on attacking in two days. No one knows that we will be joining them at the last minute. Alpha Cain's pack will also join us. We will be leaving tomorrow at five in the morning."

"My family owns a large mansion in the USA. My brother and his mate are currently there, getting the house ready. Half of all our warriors will stay here with Jayden and Nicole, so the pack has protection. The rest will obviously come with me, your Luna, Cain, his mate and the few nurses. Elders who aren't well enough to come, pregnant females, children, and so on will stay here."

"I want all of you on high alert and sticking together while I'm not here. This so called war shouldn't last long, the walkers aren't exactly strong. Does anyone disagree with this plan? No? Good. Now, you have tonight to say goodbye to your loved ones. If I have mated couples coming to America, together, then you'll have tomorrow as well."

I looked towards Mae to see her hugging Cain. Tears were running down her cheeks as she looked up and kissed him. I smiled at the happiness in his eyes.

Alaricas suddenly pulled me against him and kissed me on the lips.

"We are spending all day together, tomorrow." He whispered.

I smiled, "Good."