Seventy-Four || Better?

|| Better?

Jacy packed a duffle, in her room with Aaron watching her every move. She went quickly, not much time left on her hands.

"Honey, I'm not sure about this," Olivia warily said from the doorway with her arms crossed. She was dressed for work, a shift coming up in only a half hour.

"I need to help get Scott, Mom." Jacy crammed a half assed first aid kit into the Nike duffle, adding an extra change of clothes to the mix.

"Is there anything I could say to make you stay?" Olivia asked. "You just spent over a day in an unconscious state after bringing someone back to life."

"Mom, I promise I'm fine." Jacy zipped up the bag and left it by Aaron. She hugged Olivia, kissing her on the cheek. "I'll be home safe, but right now Scott and Kira are my top priority."

Olivia smiled, squeezing Jacy's cheek. "How'd I get such a noble daughter?"

"Good genes," Jacy replied with a grin. She picked up her bag before suddenly disappearing into thin air.

Dr. Dane shook her head, leaving Jacy's room. "Show off."

Jacy fell through a cold breeze, only to be met by a wooden door.

Allison, in the closed office with her father, looked up as there was a thud outside of the room. She bit back a laugh, covering her mouth slightly.

Jacy opened the office door, wincing with annoyance. She held her head, dropping her bag by the door as she came into the office. She pointed at Allison, "Don't say anything."

Allison held up her hands, still stifling laughter. "I'm not saying anything."

Jacy let go of her head as the pain ceased, joining the Argents at the large oak desk. "So, right back to the guns, Al?"

"Oh yeah," she said with a sweet smile. "Out of the frying pan and into the fire."

"No other way for an Argent," mused Chris as he moved a little stiffly "And Jacy, I don't think I've said it enough, but I really owe your mom. I don't know how she did it."

"You said thank you a billion times, Dad," Allison said to Chris as she loaded a magazine with .45 cal rounds. "Olivia gets it."

"It's her job," Jacy told Mr. Argent. "She was more than happy to help."

"She didn't need to, that's all." Chris snapped a clip into the handgun, looking towards Jacy. "Kitchen procedures aren't exactly common."

Jacy laughed, "Fair." She ran a finger along the grip of a semi-machine gun, "So, how are you planning on getting these past border patrol? I mean, sure, I managed to sneak us in with fake papers, but we also weren't loaded."

"Luckily, I sell guns for a living. I'm covered, don't worry." Chris hesitated, looking to an annoyed Allison. "Honey, I'm fine. I'm going in as back up. Parrish is coming with me."

Jacy wanted to argue, but a near 18 year old din't have much power over her older brother. Her eyes flickered to Allison, "Personally, I'd prefer if neither of you came, but you share the same stubbornness so our search party happily increases by two."

When both Argents attempted to speak, Jacy was ahead of the game.

"Al, grab your stuff. We've got first run into Mexico. Mr. Argent," Jacy said as she started to back up, "please make sure Parrish keeps me updated."

"Of course." Chris kissed Allison on the forehead, handing her a box of titanium arrowheads. "Be safe, both of you."

Jacy gripped Allison's shoulder once she picked up her bag, the two taking a step forward before vanishing.