My Boys

As I sat in the helicopter, I could only imagine what awaited me. Would I be killed? Perhaps I would be tested on. Maybe they will just let me go. As I sat there thinking of all the things that could happen, I began to hear a noise. It almost sounded like a voice coming from the ear muffs that Andrew had given me. 

"Hello?" A voice called out. I glanced around to see if the lady who sat beside me ad heard the voice as well. The lady sat there looking forward with a face that showed no emotion. She obviously didn't hear the voice that I did so that means it is coming from my ear muffs.

"If you can hear me make a sound." The voice said. The voice was male and sounded familiar but it was hard to tell whose voice it was because there was a static sound in the background. I pretended to cough signaling him that I could hear him. The woman glanced at me with a murderous glare. I looked away slowly, imitated by her deathly scowl.

"Good you can hear me. By the way this is Andrew, just to make it clear." No wonder the voice sounded familiar  but why is he talking to me? "Listen carefully, I think you are being sent to where my brother and your friend were sent. I lied to them and said that you were also part animal so they are sending you there to get your blood tested. The only problem is that you arn't really part animal but its ok because I already took care of that. There is a needle with with liquid inside it in your pocket. I slipped it in your pocket when you were leaving, put the needle in your arm and inject the liquid into yourself. The liquid will make them believe that you are part animal and then they won't kill you. I don't have much more time to explain so I will meet you there and fill you in on everything. Oh an one more thing-" his voice was cut off and all I could hear was static.

Wait whats going on? I put my hand in my pocket and I could feel the needle. It was true he did put it in there. I slowly took it out while slipping it up my sleeve. I took a deep breath in. All I have to do is put this inside me, if I don't I could be killed. I looked at the liquid that looked like blood. Is this blood? No it couldn't be. Although they looked similar the stuff in the container looked a bit like a dark purple that seemed to have and ominous glow to it. The woman glanced over at me and I clasped my hands together, hiding the needle.

I took a deep breathe in and while I pretended to take off my jacket I stuck the needle into the center of my arm. I clenched my eyes such and bit my lip as the needle pierced through my skin. I slid the needle out after injecting myself with it an quickly hid the needle. There was a slight stinging in my arm that was slowly traveling up my my arm but that was the last thing on my mind because the helicopter had landed and the door on my side was being pulled open. 

I was helped out of the helicopter by to men with guns. They led me to a huge building that looked like it was the only building in sight. It was white and the size of three mansions combined. I looked at it in awe as we approached the two large, tinted, black stained, glass doors. As I walked in the building was a fresh blast of cool air.

The inside was spacious and looked much like a hotel lobby due to the girl working behind a desk at the side of the wall. We walked towards her and stopped at her newly polished and shined marble desk that had a silver name tag, which glistened the words Assistant manager Debra Hollis on it. The woman peered up at us from behind her glasses. She sat up strait while shuffling her papers together into one pile. Her bright red hair was pinned up and she wore a black pencil skirt that had a blue ruffled blouse tucked into it.

"Hello you must be Ellie. We have been waiting for you. I'm Debra, the manager of the dorms, classes, and training grounds." she said while standing up and greeting me with a smile. I smiled back, fearful and nervous.  She lead us down the middle of a hall that had two smaller ones on the sides. There were endless doors down it and a few elevators on the sides. We stopped at the first elevator and she pushed the button that had the number 3 on it. Moments later the elevator opened and we all stepped in it.