eleven - minor fight

SATURDAY • MARCH 21, 2015

It was quiet. The only thing heard was the sound of the tires against the smooth road back to the UCLA campus, as well as the constant shifting of Sofia in her seat - teeth chattering and body shivering.

Shawn constantly looked to his right, at Sofia, to check up on her, and a frown spread on his face every time he caught her shivering and hugging herself tightly - but mostly, he frowned because she didn't spark a conversation or even took a glance at him, whether an emotionless peek, or a scowl.

"Turn o-off the damn air conditioning," she finally spoke, but still didn't turn her head to look at him. "It's so c-cold."

He did as told, turning the air conditioning off and switching on the car heater. Sofia continued to hug herself, never ceasing a shiver.

"Sofia," Shawn attempted.

"What?" she snapped back.

"Do you want my jacket?" he asked, and finally, Sofia burst.

"Your jacket? You mean the jacket that is also soaked in water? Yeah, sure, like that'll help anything! Jesus..." She scowled at him - a deadly scowl - and continued looking out the window.

Shawn gripped onto his steering wheel with a steel grip, gritting his teeth. Slowly, his anger rose, too. "I am fucking trying here, Sofia!" he yelled, and Sofia flinched, turning to face Shawn quickly. "Every single day, I try to come up with ways to try and be with you - but you keep doing...doing this shit that makes me so damn- Jesus Christ! Why can't you see that some people actually want to be with you, huh? Why do you keep pushing me away?"

"Because I don't want anyone close to me!" Sofia yelled back. "Fun fact, Shawn: I don't need anyone else. I don't need you in my life!"

"You're doing it again!"

She kicked forward, angrily. "I'm not doing anything! I don't need you, nor do I even want you...why can't you let that sink in?" she scoffed, crossing her arms. Suddenly, it didn't feel too cold in the car anymore. "You should just stop trying. You're wasting your time."

Shawn clenched his jaw, driving his car to the side of the road. He halted, unlocking the doors. "You don't need me, huh? Okay, fine. Leave. Get out of my car."

Sofia furrows her eyebrows and opens her mouth to snap back, but she shuts it closed quickly and shrugs, opening the car door and hopping out. She looked around the place; it was just a twenty-minute walk to the campus.

Without saying anything else, Shawn drove off, and Sofia watched as his car disappeared. A breeze blew, and she hugged herself again, shivering slightly.

She was alone - no one else driving, and no one else walking. Her chest slightly ached, and a pinch of sadness nearly showed on her face before her façade was up once again, and her expression hardened like stone. And with an emotionless visage, she walked forward.

-

quick update.