65

Chapter 65: Not A Fairytale Ending

{K. M}

Klaus didn't waste any time with a car, he used his heightened speed go get to the Gilbert home. He wasn't allowed to barge in when he saw the faint glow of the flames that were attached to Kol's dead body—no, he had to wait until Elena opened the door, Jeremy standing behind her. He could smell it, the second the door opened, he strong scent of burning flesh. "What did you do?"

"We didn't have a choice," Elena exclaimed. "He was trying to cut off Jeremy's arm."

"Lies," Klaus growled, pacing on the porch with his hands combing through his hair as the realization hit him. Dakota wasn't sick, vampires don't get sick, she was going to die. "She's going to die because of you."

Elena's eyes widened, having forgotten that Dakota was apart of Kol's bloodline. "Oh my God."

"Kol never would've gotten inside of you hadn't set up a trap for him."

"You said you were going to put him down too."

Klaus' hands were shaking visibly. "I was going to make him suffer on my own terms." He yelled loudly, the veins in his neck protruding and his eyes filling with unshed tears. "I'm going to burn this house to the ground and then when you try to flee for your lives, I will kill you without blinking."

Jeremy stepped forward. "If you kill us, you'll never be able to make anymore hybrids."

"You think that I care about the hybrids?" He whispered, his voice cracking. "You've just killed my brother, and Dakota won't last much longer until she dies along with him. She's going to die and you think that I care about some cure and hybrids?" Tears freely trailed their way down his face and Elena deflated significantly. All she thought about was getting rid of Kol to obtain the cure, she never once thought about the lives that would be lost or how close the losses would be. "I was going to get rid of the cure the moment I got my hands on it. But now, I'm going to watch you burn instead."

Klaus' promise was followed by a pain-filled groan that sent him down in his knees in pain. Elena and Jeremy were confused until Bonnie Bennett showed herself, walking inside the house. "Invite him in," The expressionist demanded. "Do it."

"Come in."

Bonnie used her form of magic to force Klaus into the house, struggling against his brute strength and determination to kill the Gilbert's before she successfully locked him in the living room, creating an invisible barrier that kept him from leaving. Klaus struggled against it, punching it like his life depended on it, and it did. "Witch, you can't do this to me. I have to get back, I have to see her."

"You have no idea what I can do now, Klaus. And I'll have you know that one thing I can do, is not care about whatever lies you're speaking of."