Chapter 74

We all looked over as Mae sprinted towards us. She fell beside Cain and stroked his fur. His eyes fluttered open, he quietly studied her. She started inspecting the bullet wound and his leg, frowning with concerned eyes. Everyone shifted back, we  grabbed some clothes before focusing on Cain again.

She bit her lip, "Cain, baby, you need to shift back."

Cain whined in protest, the blood started to soak the ground as it flowed from his body.

"Alaricas, can you ask Dimitri if we can use his infirmary?" I asked.

Alaricas nodded and took off, I turned back towards Cain.

"Hey, buddy, you need to shift back." My father urged. "I know, it's going to hurt, but we can't save your life when you're like this."

Cain whined a bit more before closing his eyes and shifting back. We all winced as he screamed, Mae held onto him and tried making it less painful for him. She cradled him against her when he was done shifting.

My father quickly covered his area before grabbing another shirt. Mae was quick to get the bullet out, wincing when he cried out in pain. Cain now watched her with fearful eyes, small whimpers of pain escaped his lips. She placed the bullet in a bag before looking at his leg.

I blanched when I saw how bad it was. It was definitely broken and he's most likely going to need stitches for that. She grabbed a cloth and started to carefully wipe the blood off, despite Cain's hiss of pain.

"He can come into our infirmary, he's one of the severe patients. So, he'll get help quickly."

We looked up to see Dimitri walking towards us. Even though I was slightly trained by him, he's still terrifying looking. Add on the fact that he has gained a lot of muscle since I last saw him and his new scars.

"Hey kid." He chuckled, ruffling my hair.

"Hey." I laughed.

"Can someone carry him?" Mae asked, still looking at Cain.

"They're bringing a gurney." Dimitri replied.

"C-cold." Cain whispered weakly.

Mae frowned further, Dimitri yelled at a few warriors to run back and grab blankets.

"Hey, I know Rosalie needs you right now, so go to your mate. Thanks for the help." Alaricas said, clapping his hand on Dimitri's shoulder.

Dimitri nodded and walked away, we all jumped when he suddenly yelled. When we looked over, he was staring at a squrriel. A damn squrriel.

Dimitri looked up, "It scared me."

"Clearly." Alaricas laughed.

Dimitri playfully glared at him, "Asshole."

"Why thank you."

I rolled my eyes, "Alaricas, stop being a-

"T-tampon."

I looked at Cain to see him half smiling, his eyes were drooping a bit as he stared at us. I laughed, shaking my head, I knelt beside him.

"You better survive this." I smiled sadly.

He winked at me, "C-can't k-kill me th-that e-easily."

Mae grinned and kissed him on the cheek. When they came with the blankets and gurney, Alaricas and my father carefully placed Cain on it. They then covered him with a blanket and applied pressure to the bullet wound.

Mae and I watched with worry, we held each other's hands, supporting each other. I rolled my eyes when Alaricas gave a jealous growl.

"Calm your balls, wolfy." I smirked.

He folded his arms across his chest, "You can help me calm my balls."

Mae smirked at him, "Yeah, she can....by cutting them off."

"Rude." He grumbled.

When we reached the infirmary, we were treated for small wounds and then left in the waiting room. Mae, Alaricas, my family, and I all waited patiently. We laughed and smiled as we shared our memories with Cain.

"Remember when he accidentally hit grandma with an egg?" Gabriel asked.

My father chuckled, "He almost pissed his pants when she gave him her famous glare."

"I remember when we first met...he was blushing and seemed so nervous." Mae smiled.

"And when we talked out our issues when Alaricas was in the hospital, he was nervous again. He's adorable."

I laughed, "I think the best is when he put a squrriel in Dimitri's bathroom while I was being trained. And it attacked Dimitri while he was pissing."

We all burst out laughing, "He's something else."

We sat there quietly until the doctor walked out. She smiled at us and told us that he'll be okay.

"He will be on crutches for at least a month. His leg has a lot of damage to it, but already started healing well. It won't have to be amputated, thankfully." She explained.

Mae sighed in relief, "Can we see him?"

"Yes, but one visitor at a time. He's exhausted."

My father smiled, "How about Mae stays the night with him? We'll all go and rest up."

We agreed before Mae followed the doctor. I sighed in relief as Alaricas wrapped his arm around my waist.

He's okay. He's going to live. That's all I kept thinking as we walked out of the infirmary.