Chapter 70

Hi angels,

I've written a long update for you this week. I just want to take a moment to ask people to be polite when posting comments on the message board. I've recently had a small handful of comments which have been not very nice (to put it mildly). It's really crappy when people write rude or mean posts about me or the story. I'm always open and welcoming of constructive feedback, but what I don't want is people being mean. So to all my haters, in the immortal words of Miranda Sings - back off.

I also want to say a big thank you to all the people who support me. This week we hit 59k followers, which is crazy.  Thank you so much for all your support, especially this past month when I  have been unwell. You guys are so amazing and I love you all so much ^.^

And one last thing, as a child of the 80s I grew up listening many other 80s singers and bands. Prince was one of my favorite singers,  I was so sad to hear of his passing yesterday. He was an amazing artist, and I know some of you are a little too young to know who he is but you should definitely go andcheck him out. I've linked one of fav songs of his 'When Doves Cry' to this chapter. RIP Prince <3

This week's dream cast is brought to you by @wowcupcakes01- ! This cast is a lovely cast so be sure to check out the pintrest board I made for it (see pinned notice on my profile comment board for link).

Luc- Chace Crawford

Mia- Nina Dobrev

Nico- Matthew Daddario

Jaques- Justin Baldoni

Henrietta- Leighton Meester

Louis- Adam Brody

Casper- Zac Efron

****

Please hit that star or heart button to vote :D

****

A necromancer?

How could I be a necromancer?

I didn't even know what a necromancer was! Well, I had a vague idea which was more or less an educated guess. Necro came from the Greek 'nekros' which means corpse, and 'mancer' derives from the Greek 'mantèia' meaning 'divination'. I could understand the divination part, I did speak to the dead after all, but when it came to the corpse part I struggled to see how I filled those shoes.

I shook my head. "I'm not like you - I'm not a necromancer."

"You are, Mia. You just haven't realised the full extent of your powers. Speaking to the dead is just the tip of the iceberg. With a little training, you could reanimate corpses, trap and manipulate spirits to do your will."

"Manipulate spirits?"

That resonated with me for some reason... The spirit of Laura had once told me that she and the other spirits couldn't pass on. Something or someone had stopped them. Had Henrietta been controlling them? Both Celia and the burning lady had struggled to communicate with me and Laura. And even Laura struggled to remember certain details of her passing like who had killed her...

That thought stuck in my head. Casper had been accused of killing Laura, but it wasn't him which could only mean...

"Oh God," I breathed. "You killed Laura too."

Henrietta sighed irritably like I was getting off topic. "I had to silence her. She saw Celia in the bathroom for god's sake! She was ranting and raving about it to anyone who would listen. And Nico ordered some guards to go down to the hospital and interrogate her about what had happened that night in your bedroom. If she had told them the truth then you might have been implicated for necromancy. So I killed her to protect and then I took out her heart so I could control her spirit."