Roommates {30}

"Fine it may not have been an accident but it was definitely a mistake"

I don't know why those words hurt me so much. Maybe it was the fact that I felt something with him when we kissed. I have only kissed a couple of guys and no kiss has ever made me feel as good as his kiss did. He touched me in a place that no boyfriend had and it hurt that he thought it was a mistake.

I went over to the radio and turned the volume up again. I turned my head to the side since I could feel my eyes watering. The strong current of the wind dried any tears that tried to escape.

Mr McKinley didn't talk to me the rest of the drive till we reached my apartment. Looking through the driver's mirror I could see his reflection. He was looking at me and he would opened his mouth as if to say something but then close it back up.

Grabbing my clutch from the floor I opened it up and took out the money to give to Mr McKinley. My phone vibrated and the time showed that it was 2:10pm.

"Here this is for today's meal" I said as I handed him a neatly folded $50 bill and $20 bill.

"I don't want your money. I already told you"

"Do you know how expensive the check was just take it."

"Do you know how much money I make Ms Suren? That was nothing."

"Please just take it. You have already spent so much on me"

"Ms Suren it's all gifts. I'm not taking your money."

"Why not?"

"I work hard for my money. So I like to spend it."

"I worked hard for this money to and I like to pay my debts."

"It's not debt. It's a gift. I'm not taking the money" The look on his face showed me that he was serious.

The more I looked at him the more I wanted to just slap him for thinking our kiss was a mistake. I opened the door and stepped out.

I placed my keys on my table and took of my shoes before I slumped myself onto the bed. I couldn't believe what just happened. I had to talk to someone about it or I was going to go crazy.

I took of my two piece dress and hung it in my closet. I put on my jean shorts, a tank top and placed my hat over my big curly hair before sliding my flip flops on. I placed some ice on my neck and after 10 minutes the hickey was barely noticeably.

I transferred a fifty dollar bill and my phone into my brown tote bag and I slung it over my shoulder.

Going over to Andys I did a quick grocery shopping. I bought some milk, cereal, cookies, sodas, and a pack of Ramen noodles. I walked over to the Dollar Store and bought some hangers since I had a feeling I would be getting more clothes.

I walked back to my apartment and stocked my fridge and placed the hangers on my bed. Taking out my phone I texted Kayla, Jason and Maria to see where they were since they were not in Andys.

Kayla was out of town visiting her sick grandma. After sending her my prayers I stopped by Jason's house since he lived down the street from me and together we walked over to Maria's house. We decided to go to the mall since we had nothing better to do.

As we walked side by side I thought about how Jason was gay. He was a very attractive man with his pale blue eyes and tan skin. Whenever it would get hot out he would always spend hours on tanning since he was naturally pale.

He knocked on Maria door and her enthusiastic smile popped out the door. Maria smooth cocoa skin made me envious. She was no doubt drop dead gorgeous.

Her thick curly hair was tied into pigtail buns and she looked amazing. She had on shorts with a white v-neck, flip flops, and a brown shoulder bag. Together we walked to the bus station.

Maria explained to us her annoyance at being woken up this early. In her mind on Sunday is sleep day. We laughed it off and chatted about life.

After hopping of the bus we walked over to H&M and after browsing around some stores, I bought a black shoulder bag, while Jason bought a snapback hat. We went to McDonald's and as they ate I explained to them what happened with me and my boss.

"Woahhh! I think he likes you" Maria said.

"You think so? Because he said it was a mistake"

"Guys say that all the time when they are too scared to admit their feelings" Jason added

Jason went on the line to get the food that we ordered while Maria and I talked about how she's doing. She told me that her rent was overdue and she was going to get kicked out this week.

"So where are you going to go" I said with concern etched onto my face

"I honestly don't know. I'm going to have to beg my parents to take me back" Maria parents abused her when she was younger and she ran away and moved. There was no way I would let her go back to them.

"Is it to late to pay your rent still" I could give her some money if she needed it

"Yeah it way too late. They already sold my apartment to someone"

"Okay why don't you come live with me. I only have one bed but I have have a couch." I stopped when I saw the look on Maria's face. She had tears in her eyes and seemed like she was going to start crying. Living with me wasn't that bad.

I pulled Maria in for a hug. After she composed herself together she wiped under her eyes and gave me a big tear filled smile.

"You would do that for me?" her voice was hoarse from crying.

"Maria of course I would. Your a sister to me"

"Thank you soo much. This means so much to me. I love you Dee" she pulled me in for a hug.

"What did I miss?" Jason said as he placed the trays down.

Still full from my meal I only ordered an iced tea.

"Do you remember when I told you that my landlord needed my rent?" Maria asked

Jason nodded his head, and she continued, "Yeah well long story short I was kicked out and Dee offered for me to stay at her place"

"Wow that's so nice of you" he said

"Anytime" and then our conversations drifted into lighter topics and after many laughs we looked and saw that it was dark out. Hopping on the 7pm bus we all went to Maria's place so that we could transfer all her stuff from hers to mine. It took a while since Maria lived 15 minutes away and she had a lot of stuff. But finally at 10pm we were done and Maria had signed of her leasing papers.

We walked Jason home and hurried to our new home since it was starting to get chilly out. After we got inside we decided to sleep in the same bed since her things were occupying the couch. Her mattress was under her heavy suitcases and other things.

After showering and changing into my pj's I opened up my laptop to see if I had any emails. I didn't so I plugged my laptop into the wall. And I got my phone out to see I had a text from McKinley.

Don't be in office till 11am.

I sent him an okay before I charged my phone and set my alarm for 8am.

"Maria I'm waking up at 8 tomorrow so that we can put all your stuff away before I go to work"

"Alright that's fine with me. Goodnight Dee"

"Night Maria" I said as I turned over and drifted to sleep.