44

(Chloe's POV)

I woke at 5 am to an empty bed. I thought Val had went for a run like she always did when something was on her mind but then I heard her voice. I got up and walked to the nursery to see her talking to the twins. Her back was turned to me and I just stood in the doorway listening to her.

"What should I do? I love your mommy. Like a lot and I think she still likes me. My job is just getting in the way. I don't know how she deals with everything. She's a very strong woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I don't know if you guys know but I would probably go insane if I lost her. When I leave, you guys are going to have to look after her and make sure she's ok. I don't care if your 4 months old. You have a job now." I smiled at how silly she is. I swear I love her

I didn't hear the rest of her speech because I went back to bed and went back to sleep. Not long after, she came into our room.

"Sweetheart, I'm going for a run." She whispered in my ear. I nodded my head and turned over. She kissed my forehead and walked out. When she got back I was up and making breakfast while the twins were in the living room.

"Hi sweetheart. What are you cooking."

"Waffles,eggs,bacon, and sausage."

"That's a lot. Do you need help?"

"No but you need to take a shower. You're all sweaty."

"Yeah yeah I know. Can you cook extra bacon? I need all the energy I can get." She kissed me on the cheek and left the kitchen. When breakfast was done I went in our room to tell her but I stopped when I saw a suitcase with three guns inside.

"What the hell?"

"What? Oh the guns."

"Yeah, the guns. When did you bring them here?"

"When I moved in."

"Val, what do you need them for? I thought everything would be ok."

"And it will. Its for just in case purposes. Baby, I promise everything is fine."

"Val, what am I going to do with you?"

"Love me. That's all I need you to do."

"You're only taking one?" I said as she slipped one in her belt

"I only need one. I don't plan on killing anyone but if I do I don't think I'll need all three."

"Just hurry up and put them away. They're giving me anxiety."

"I'm sorry, I'll put them away right now." She closed the suitcase and I turned around so I wouldn't know where she hides it. I may sound like a punk and that's because I am. I don't like guns and I don't even like the fact that I know Val uses them.

"Honey, breakfast is on the table."

"Ok. I'll be there in a minute."

Before I could sit down and eat my phone rang. It was an unsaved number but I decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello."

"Hi Ms. Ellison."

"Carter?"

"Yes."

"How did you get my number?"

"These crazy people keep a record of who calls. I found your number from last year when you called because I put paint in Lucy's hair. Do you remember that? Good times huh?"

"I don't think it was a good time for Lucy. Her hair was purple for a week."

"I can still see a little purple in the back of her head." He said laughing