Chapter 28|You got Pocahontas?!

A groan coming from the other side of my room tore my eyes from the english paper I was writing.

Ryan stretched, covering his eyes with his arm.

"Hey sleeping Beauty."

He grunted in response, shifting to a sitting position. He blinked, adjusting his eyes to the light. Then he frowned.

"How did I get here?"

My eyebrows shot up. "You don't remember?"

He shook his head no.

"Huh, well you were pretty out of it I guess. You fell asleep in like every class today so I drove you home." I explained.

"Thanks...but why am I here, in your house?"

"Oh that. Yeah, you flat out refused to go to your house. I don't know why."

His frown melted in what I could only assume was realisation. Then he repositioned himself so that his body weight was supported by the wall, his head hitting it with a soft thump.

I abandoned the pen I still had in my hand, turning my chair so I was fully facing him.

"You are okay though, right?" I bit into my cheek as I said this. Something was definitely wrong and I knew it wasn't my place to ask. I also knew that he wasn't okay, but he was too stubborn to ask for help.

He waved a hand dismissively. "I'm fine."

"If you say so," I responded lightly.

He stared straight ahead for a while. I'm not particularly sure what was going on in his head, but the vacant look in his eyes told its own story. He blinked several times, shaking his head before glancing in my direction.

"So how long was I out for?" He asked.

"Six hours and forty two minutes."

"I slept for six hours?" He asked in disbelief.

"Almost seven," I corrected.

"Woah, I swear I only closed my eyes a few minutes ago."

"Time flies when you're having fun."

"Fun?"

"Yeah, sleeping. Fun."

He shrugged. "I don't really like sleeping."

"What? Why?"

"Wastes time," Ryan said, yawning. "You can sleep when you're six foot under." He looked down when he said the last part, like he was ashamed of himself for saying it.

~*~*~*~

"So what was wrong with him?" Tara asked as she shoved a spoonful of mint chocolate chip ice cream into her mouth. No, she didn't just have a break up, but any excuse for eating ice cream was good enough for her.

"He was just tired." I replied, avoiding eye contact with her. It wasn't that I was lying, because it was true, but I didn't want her to get involved.

She shrugged, a grin surfacing. "So you two slept together, huh?" She wriggled her eyebrows. She was obviously referring to what Ryan had said the day before. He hadn't been at school today, and I contemplated calling him but figured he probably needed some space.

"Yes, we slept together. In every sense of the word," I replied rolling my eyes.

"Ugh, boring." She complained. "How did you sneak him past your dad?"

"I didn't."

Her eyes widened and she slapped my arm excitedly. "You mean to say that you slept with him in his bed?!"