Royal Months

The few vampires that roam the halls watched as we walked by. I didn't want to be this near him, but just the stares of the others made me glue myself behind him, and he didn't say a peep. I would bet some money right now that this b*stard was smiling big at the moment......

We went to an elevator, and I moved to a corner as he pressed the last button right before the doors closed. I felt the slight jostle of the elevator, and I took a deep breath as we slowly started to roll down.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked, breaking the silence. I jumped, surprised he even asked and nodded. Where is that annoying elevator music when you need some?

The doors opened with a ping and I immediately got the scent of dirt, blood, and feces. I could feel my small breakfast coming up and I quickly pushed the button to close the doors. They closed too slow, so I ended up turning to my corner, puking everything out as the elevator began to move again. I felt his hand on my back as I dried heave and I stiffened. "Get your hand off of me."

"My beloved is sick. I can't leave her alone."

I quickly wiped my mouth with the bottom of my shirt and then moved to the opposite corner, trying to breathe through my mouth. The stench of the cells and my vomit were not a good combination, plus I just wanted to be away from him.

"Beloved?"

I saw him nod from the corner of my eye. "It's the correct term for vampires. Werwolves have mates, vampires have beloveds. But since I've been around Alex for quite some time, their version just stuck with me. Would you prefer me calling you beloved instead?"

"I would prefer you calling me nothing." He opened his mouth to say something as the doors pinged opened and I quickly got out. I could feel him right behind me and I picked up my pace, only to wish I knew where I was going.

"You're going the wrong way."

"Quinn!" I screamed, making him flinched and step back. She quickly appeared twenty seconds later with a frown in her face. She curtsied and address Dimitri before facing me.

"Yes?"

"Take me to my room. I don't feel well."

I really didn't. I still couldn't get that smell away from me and I just wanted another shower and a good nap. Maybe I could negotiate with him into bringing my parents up......

"Yes. Of course. This way." She began to walk back from where we came from, leaving a grumbling Dimitri behind. I stopped and took a deep breath.

"I still want to see them. Is there some way you can bring them up? I don't think I can go down there again." I scrunched up my nose just remembering about the scent.

He narrowed his eyes at me but nodded. "We will see."

I followed Quinn back into the elevator and blushed as I saw my mess. She just chuckled, pressed one of the top buttons and then the elevator began to move again. Not even ten seconds later, it stopped and when the doors opened, I began to see familiar stuff.

I followed her for a little bit and then she turned to a closed door, flashing her fangs as she smiled. "Here we go. Anything else?"

"Clothes? Food?" She quickly nodded and she opened her mouth to say something but then frowned. She placed her hand in the spot where her heart would be and her eyes widened.

"No!"

"What? What's wrong?" I asked just as a loud alarm began to ring around us.

"My.... My..... My mate is near. But that can't be......" Her eyes quickly darted to the elevator and her lips thinned.