Chapter One

2020 DISCLAIMER: My story 'Boys Will Be Boys' was written when I was a young teenager (about 14/15). There is a lot contained in there that is problematic (i.e. toxic masculinity, internalized misogyny, etc.) I see a lot of people criticizing it nowadays, and you are absolutely correct to. However, I don't think it's correct to criticize people and bash people, be it other readers or writers. The reason I leave this story uploaded is because I know people enjoyed it, and because I wrote it when I was struggling to come out, and I know lots of young people who are struggling to come out look for representation, and I've gotten lots of messages from people thanking me for it, which I find to be truly such an honor, so I leave it up. By no means do I support everything that is written in there now (honestly, at 22, it's kind of a major cringe to me). Y'all feel free to criticize it all you like, and even me if you feel like it. I have no attachment to the story anymore, so it doesn't bug me since I talk shit about my past writing all the time, but please don't harass other readers or commenters. Thank you.

Author's Note:

Ooh. 
Guys.
This is my newest attempt at a story. I'm super serious about this one, by the way, so I promise I'm going to kill myself at writing until I actually finish it and am satisified with it. Because I absolutely hate the way my past three stories (all of which are on here) have ended. Anyways, this is actually one of my favorite stories out of the ones I've written, so I hope you enjoy it! Please vote, comment, fan, share, all that good stuff. I love reading you guys' comments, they make my week! 

xoxo,
Q.

"Don't tell me. You broke up with her." My best friend, Nate Hill, says, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah." I grin, sheepishly. Nate groans and rests his head in his hands.

"You were dating Vanessa Reeve." He says the name similar to the way someone would say 'Angelina Jolie' or 'Megan Fox'. "First of all, I don't even know how you scored Vanessa Reeve."

Jess Nelson, also one of my best friends, scoffs at him. "Are you kidding? Luke is, like, the best looking guy in school."

Nate gapes at her. "Wow, thanks, Jess."

Jess just shrugs, continuing to eat her salad. "Sorry, man. Fact of life."

Jess Nelson is sass in a glass. She looks like she could be your average stereotype, with pretty blond hair and big brown eyes, but she's really something else if you have the patience to sit down and talk to her.

She has the best comebacks and she can kick my ass in Halo any day. It's pretty easy to see why Nate's totally in love with her.

"Hey guys!" chirps Alana, who sits down next to me with her packed lunch, ready to join the conversation. Alana Trang is the fourth member of our little group. She's also the tiniest. I swear, she's like 4'6.

She opens her lunch and we all raise our eyebrows at the very un-American food inside the Tupperware. She scowls at us.

We tease her way too much for being Asian, but she secretly doesn't care. She just pretends to get mad at us in the hope that we'll stop. Psh, like that'll ever happen.

"What are we talking about?" Alana asks, starting to eat her traditional meal while Nate and I munch on our burgers and Jess chews her salad.

"Luke broke up with Vanessa Reeve." Jess shares and Alana just rolls her eyes at me.

"Again, Luke? Before you know it, you'll have gone through all the girls in school."

I grin. "Well, I'll always have you two." I wink at Jess, who blushes. Nate fidgets awkwardly in his seat. I roll my eyes to myself. The two of them need to get their shit together and become an item already.