Chapter 30:"Tell Clark I said hi"

Natalie's POV

Carter fell to his knees, and checked Manny's pulse. His hands were shaking, and a few tears rolled down his cheeks. 

"No, no, NO!"he yelled, and shook Manny. "Don't die on me!"Carter cried, and grabbed Manny by his collar. "It 's not suppose to end like this for you,"He sobbed, and shook Manny. Carter stopped shaking Manny, and let go of his collar. Manny's eyes were still open, and it disturbed me.

I slowly knelt down beside Manny's head, and closed his eyes. That's when tears started rolling down face. Carter stood up and paced back and forth, while tugging at his hair. Kent was silent, and he just stared off into space.

"Why him?!"Carter growled,"He had so many plans..." I didn't know what to do, I wanted to comfort Carter but...I didn't know how. "This all my fault,"Carter whispered,"I should've...done something."

Carter had stopped pacing, and his back was turned away from me. He looked back at Manny's body, then back to whatever he was looking at. I put my hand on Carter's shoulder, and he looked at me.

The pain and sadness in his eyes, was truly devastating. He looked away from me, and I squeezed his shoulder.

"It's not your fault,"I choked. He stayed silent. "Carter, it's not your fault,"I sniffled,"There was nothing you could do." Carter took a deep breath, and looked towards our 3 prisoners.

"You're right Natalie,"Carter sighed,"It's not my fault....It's theirs!" Carter stormed off towards Cole and our prisoners

Carter's POV

I stormed toward Manny's murders and ripped Cole's ax out of his hands. I looked at the 3 bastards, and decided that Sergei was going first. I stared down Sergei, and with a flick of my wrist his head was gone.

I watched his body go limp, and his headless corpse fell to the ground. Rebecca screamed, and I felt nothing. No closure, no happiness, no guilt, absolutely nothing. I glared at Butch, and he looked terrified. Good.

I handed Cole his ax, and stood in front of Butch. I put my hands on his face, and leaned in. 

"Tell Clark I said hi,"I smirked, and snapped his neck. His body fell to the ground, and again I felt nothing.

"Carter!"Natalie yelled, and I turned toward her.

"What?"I growled.

"We told Kayden we'd leave Butch alive,"she sighed. I took Cole's ax out of his hands, and I severed Butch's head from his spinal cord.

"Well, you should've told me that,"I huffed.

"You still would've done it,"she admitted. I fiddled Cole's ax in my hands, and looked at Rebecca. Tears were running down her face, and she was shaking. Good.

"You know Rebecca,"I began,"You cheated death once. You won't do it again."

"Carter baby ple-"I didn't let her finish her sentence. I swung the ax, and Rebecca's head was sent flying across the parking lot. I still felt nothing.

"Thank god I hated that b!tch,"Cole smirked.

"Carter,"Kent's voice rang out.

"What?"I sighed, and gripped Cole's ax.

"What do we do about Manny?"he asked. I looked at the ground, and took a deep breath.

"Take his body to our morgue,"I ordered,"I'll call Lehlani. Actually, I'll go to their house, and tell her what happened." I looked at Kent and he nodded.