1: Connor

**if you are an easily offended human being, please read all the way to the end of the author's note on this chapter to avoid being butthurt in chapter 30. Thank you!!
-Katherine**

 Thank you!! -Katherine**

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Dear Sydney,

My name is Connor Hall and I was assigned to be your pen pal for my school project. I've never had a pen pal before, and I do think it is a bit old-fashioned, but communicating with someone from another state does seem interesting. I hope you find me interesting, and since I have no idea how to start this communication with a pen pal, I asked for some help. My teacher told me to tell you a bit about myself, so here goes.

1. My name is Connor (Yes, "or", not "er"...my parents hate me).

2. I am now realizing that you already knew my name.

3. I'm 16 years old, and I'll be 17 in January.

4. That was two facts in one. I do apologize for this list already being complete crap.

5. I'm really shy, which is partly why this whole pen pal thing makes me slightly uncomfortable.

6. I love soccer and basketball. I don't play either, but I do love to watch them.

7. I play the cello in my school and county orchestras. I don't particularly like it, but my mom does.

8. I like the color blue.

9. I'm a junior at Langston High School. Go rams!

10. I live in Richmond, Virginia.

11. I really hope you aren't a stalker since I just gave you a ton of personal information. If you are a stalker, please throw this letter out.

12. I have an iPhone, so I'm not about that Android life. Although I'm not really "with the times" on which generation iPhone is the best to have.

13. I have a strong vendetta against Hollister.

14. I'm incredibly superstitious and couldn't end the list on number thirteen, so this is another fact for you. The superstitious part is the fact, in case you were confused.

I look forward to corresponding with you for the next month. Please don't think too poorly of me based on this letter. I'm excited to find out some things about you! Your information doesn't have to be in a stupid numbered list like mine, though.

Yours truly,

Connor Hall

A/N: Hey guys! So this is something a little different; there will literally be no "normal" story-telling in this book, just told through the social media of the two main characters, and through the letters they write each other. Each chapter will alternate between the two; the odd numbered chapters will be from Connor's perspective, and the even numbers from Sydney's (for the most part...I have a few ideas for the middle of the book that might change that). I will be updating every Sunday except for today, when I will be publishing two chapters in one day just to get the story up and running and have everyone know what it will be like. Please share this story, and I hope that you guys will like this kind of story-telling! Leave a comment letting me know what you think, and I hope this works out! (Also, sorry if you got an alert saying I had published chapter 6--I was uploading it to my drafts and accidentally clicked the wrong button) The pictures do show up better if you are on a computer, but they will still work on mobile!

EDIT!! (3/22/17) Because Dear Sydney is published in print, the last chapter, Chapter 30, is NOT AVAILABLE ON WATTPAD. BUT, don't go away yet! If you don't want to continue the book because of this, that is completely your prerogative, but there are NINE epilogues after Chapter 30 (NINE!) that completely tie the book together. Like I'm gonna be honest, the last chapter will give you some closure, but the Epilogues tell you everything you need to know. The last chapter is just taken down because it's in print and it wouldn't really make sense to have the whole thing on Wattpad? So I would strongly encourage you, if you are enjoying the book so far, to continue reading because it'll all come together. But I thought it was fair to let you know about the last chapter being gone in advance!

EDIT (AGAIN): There is a link on Chapter 30's page where, if you sign up for my mailing list, you can download the last chapter for free. 

-Katherine