3.10

CHAPTER TEN

This Wasn't Supposed To Happen

- - - - -

ROME, ITALYFEBRUARY, 2010

ROME, ITALY
FEBRUARY, 2010

"Alright Michaels, this is all you."

"Going radio silent, in three, two, one."

Ana delicately lifted her hand to push back a lock of her hair behind her ear, quickly shutting off her earpiece. After passing security, the brunette agent walked up the marble stairs, her silver heels clicking. She wore a red dress, with many small weapons underneath it of course. She was attending the annual Red and Black Party, under her alias as Amelia Mason.

She was on the hunt for a man who went by one name, Lark. He was an American assassin, his employer still unknown to SHIELD. Lark was meant to meet up with the leader of an arms dealing gang, named Dennis Kellard, a British criminal, and buy weapons to export back to America.

Ana was sent to make sure that doesn't happen.

She smiled politely at the couples walking past her, down the staircase. She suspected they wanted to leave early to, you know what, because of the man's eager hands on his woman. Or his woman just for tonight. Once she joined the party, a waiter passed her and offered her a glass of red champagne. Ana raised an eyebrow and took one, "Grazie." She said in Italian.

The waiter gave her a nod before leaving to attend to other guests. Ana took a small sniff of the drink before taking a small sip, cradling the glass in her hands and readjusting her black purse over her shoulder.

Many of the woman at the party wore everything but red, give or take a few. Ana observed all the men, trying to find Lark. He had bleached blonde hair so it wouldn't be too hard to find. She spotted him, talking to a few of his men in the corner of the hall.

She knew what to do, stay close and use her enhanced hearing to find out when the exports will take place. She had Lark, now she had to have eyes on Kellard.

When she went to walk forward, a body crashed into her side, causing her drink to dump on her dress. She stumbled on her feet and felt a gloved hand grab her waist, pulling her up and keeping her still. Ana flushed red in embarrassment and looked up into the man's blue eyes.

"Mi dispiace tanto, signore." (I'm so sorry, sir.) She apologised, her heart fluttering when he gave her a warm smile, removing his hold on her. He placed a gloved hand to his chest and bowed slightly, "No, è colpa mia. Avrei dovuto guardato dove stavo andando." (No, it's my fault. I should've watched where I was going.) He replied.

The man let his eyes roam over her face, a familiar feeling in his mind at her face. He then shook his head as she looked at her dress, frowning at the mess. "Oh merda." She mumbled.