Chapter 9

"Oh, here," Cora says handing me a pair of black sunglasses. "Put these on. Just in case." She smiles. I smile back. I then put them on and we go into the mall.

I haven't been to this mall before but it's surprisingly huge.

There are so many stores and so many people everywhere. It looks like some people just came off from work and decided to come here. I also notice that it's getting darker outside.

"What time is it?" I ask Cora, curiously.

She puts her hand in her pocket and pulls out her phone. An iPhone. And it's not even the iPhone seven... It's the X.

"It's 5:26. We have about three to four hours to shop before the mall closes." She says.

"H-How did... W-What the..." I stutter, pointing at her phone. I can't believe this. How the hell did she get that? It's not even out yet!

"Noah got it for me. Don't ask how." She says, answering my question.

Man. He should get me one too.

"Come on! Let's shop!" She says excitingly and pulls me into Guess.

In total, we went to at least ten stores and shopped till we dropped

Literally.

We had so much shopping bags that I swear, I saw Cora losing her balance.

We left the mall before we attempted to buy the whole entire thing. I didn't notice anyone I knew and I'm pretty sure no one noticed me.

I got so many clothes and shoes that I can finally feel comfortable in. Unlike the ones, I have at home. I have to thank Cora for taking me out of that dumb house.

I mean, come on. What house has no windows? Even though I should hate her, I really don't.

At least she's nicer than you know who.

I have to thank him for allowing me to go out when we get back.

I also have to ask him if he's in any other illegal acts other than kidnapping.

Maybe he's a mob boss?

I start to shiver.

Cora goes through the drive-thru at Wendy's to gets us some burgers. She then parks the car into a parking space and we eat. It looked so busy with people inside, that we decided to eat in the car. I don't like people looking at me when I eat anyway so I enjoyed that. We then drive home.

"Thanks for taking me out Cora," I say while changing the radio to a different station.

"No problem. Thanks for behaving." She laughs. "I had fun."

I smile. To tell you the truth, I've grown to like her within the short span of time. It's like, I can tell her anything. I know that it's only been like a few hours since I met her but I'm very comfortable around her. She reminds me of Sara and Kelly. My smile disappears. I miss them.

I look out the window and see all the lights brighten the dark city. It's truly a beautiful sight. I suddenly feel bone tired and cold. I can't wait to go home, take a nice hot shower and snuggle under that light blue bed blanket on the bed.

Cora pulls up onto a street. Lined up on the street are a ton of cars.

It looks like someone's having a party. As Cora drives, she stops and parks between two cars.

I then realize that we're going to the party.

"Come on. Let's go." She says, ready to come out.

"Woah there, hot stuff! There is no way I'm going to a party. We just went shopping and I'm so tired. Can we please reschedule this? Did you even get Noah's permiss-"

Cora laughs. "No silly! We're home. Noah's throwing the party."

What the hell?! Noah's throwing the party?! As in, the kidnapper?!

Lord have mercy on my poor soul.

Oh, wait... You didn't.

"Ava? You okay?" Cora says tapping me on the shoulder.

"Oh, yeah. I'm...ecstatic. Let's go." I say and we jump out of the car.

This should be interesting.