Chapter Twelve | 2 Seconds

________

I don't need your trust

I don't need this shit, yeah

I have had enough

I think you should just

Run away - Jhene Aiko
________

Dolani

I quietly shut the door to Domani's condo and locked it back almost silently, so that he wouldn't be able to hear me sneaking out early this morning. I knew that it was wrong to leave him without a explanation, but I didn't know how to explain everything to him, so I bailed out. I shook the thoughts away from my head so I wouldn't feel too guilty and headed for my car that was parked in his personal garage downstairs.

I looked exactly how I felt today, absolutely horrible. I didn't exactly have any decent outfits to wear over at his place, so I'd just showered and stole a pair of his sweat pants along with a hoodie. I had a pair of Nikes over from helping him move, so I was all set and ready for school. Any other time I'd care about my appearance, but with all of the pain that I felt this morning, fuck people and all of their opinions on what I looked like. I could kill any bitch and pull any of their niggas on my worst day, so I wasn't too worried about it.

Once I was inside of my car, I turned the radio all the way up, to drown out all of my strange feelings and thoughts that ran wild inside of my body. New Album, Lemonade by Beyoncé happened to be playing through my car speakers as I pulled out and onto the road. Beyoncé wasn't Beyoncé anymore in my opinion. I liked her better before she married Jay-Z if I'm honest. Not saying that he corrupted her or anything, but I liked the Poison and Dangerously in Love days so much better than what she produces these days.

After a couple minute drive, I pulled up to my high school, right in time before the late bell rang. I made my way inside, walking down the halls like the loner that I had become since a month or so ago. Before all of this madness had happened, it was Renae and I against the rest of these bitches here. Now it's me against Renae and the rest of these bitches here. I wasn't complaining though, I was quite content with being on my own in school. Less friends, less drama, and less people you have to worry about crossing you. I'd learned that lesson the hard way.

"Good morning Ms. Johnson, you're quite early for class today. Is everything okay with you sweetie?" my teacher asked me as she lifted her head up from the desk, giving me a rather concerned look. I sat up and gave her a fake smile, just so that she wouldn't worry about me. I wasn't one to enjoy anyone's pity on me. I hated it actually.

"Good morning, yes ma'am, everything is fine. I just decided to come a bit earlier than everyone else today to get a head start on all of my studies," I said, partially lying through my teeth. The real reason for me being early is to get away from all the fuckery of half the student body here at Crenshaw High. I wasn't in the mood to be bothered by any of them today, so I figured coming to class early would be my only escape from them.

The teacher nodded her head and went back to her the work that she had laid out on the desk. Me on the other hand, I pulled out my notebook for the class so that it would look as if I had told the truth. I looked over only a few notes until students started to file in, which was when I laid my head down on the desk. Renae happened to be in this class with me too, so I made sure I didn't see her. The way I felt, just seeing the slut would make me livid all over again. I only had to see her though, Mike had gone away.