Chapter 2 - Toilet Girl

One Direction are very loud, they can’t stop talking among each other and they even try speaking to me. I try my best to be polite, I just don’t wanna get in more trouble here, it’s already hard enough when I do nothing to piss Rhonda off. I don’t want them to complain, or my sorry arse will pay the consequences.

“Is this place as nice as they say? Is it true that no one will know we’re here?” One of them asks, Liam I recognise.

“It’s true. All employees sign an agreement of confidentiality so if they say something to the media, we can charge them,” I answer and he nods. It’s true, no one can say a word unless he or she wants Rhonda’s lawyers to sue them and put them in prison. It happened once and Rhonda always reminds us of that.

“For how long have you worked here?” The curly-haired one asks, Harry.

“Since the beginning and I can assure you, you’ll be safe here and you’ll get the rest you seek,” I reply assuming he asked that to know whether he could trust me.

“How old are you then? I’ve heard this place has been working for a few years already but you don’t look over twenty,” he carries on and I close my eyes so they can’t see me rolling them.

“I’m only seventeen but it’s kind of a family business,” I answer but I just want the doors to open and lead them to their rooms so I won’t have to see them again. The farther from celebrities I get, the better.

“Oh so Rhonda is your mother,” Harry chirps and I tense, squeezing my hands around the bars of the cart. The air gets really tense and hard to breathe.

“Legal guardian,” I correct him and my voice is so cold and sharp that he doesn’t speak again. Good.

The doors of the lift finally open and I lead them to their rooms. First Zayn, then Louis and his girlfriend, then Liam, then Harry who gives me a little smile and finally Niall and his girlfriend. She walks in first and I’m about to leave when he speaks. “I’m sorry for Harry.” I look at him uninterested. “He can be a bit noisy sometimes, but he is a nice lad,” he adds and I notice his accent. I knew he was Irish but I thought his accent would be thicker. He’s been around British lads for too long, I guess.

“It’s okay, he wanted to make sure this was a good place for you all,” I reply as politely as I can and he smiles.

He has a cute smile.

“Yeah, the place,” he laughs and I arch and eyebrow but I don’t say anything. “Anyways, thanks.”

“It’s my job,” is my answer and he stares at me for a few seconds. I wait, maybe he needs to request something but he doesn’t say anything, he just stares at me and he’s making me uncomfortable. “Good day, enjoy your stay at Drennan’s Retreat Centre.”

And I leave, turning on my heels and carrying the empty cart. I don’t even wait for tip, I just want to leave. I really don’t like to be around celebrities, and I know some of them can be really nice and humble, but they just represent what ruined my Dad’s dream, so I just can’t tolerate them.

Now, I really have to hide from my stepsnakes or I may explode. The moment they find out One Direction are staying here, it’s gonna be the day I get deaf and I’m still too young for that, so I don’t want to be near when that happens.

Good luck, Rhonda!

+ + + + +

“I heard One Direction are staying here,” Charlie comments when the day is over and we’re having our dinner outside, away from all the other workers.