Part 25

I'm still slightly stiff from the accident at the weekend, but I feel much better. After I have put my dress on, curled my hair and done a small amount of make-up, I look over myself in the mirror. I'm still surprised at my different appearance, and like Tamara said, the dress does go with my eyes, and makes them more vibrant. I smooth the dress down with my hands and sigh. I walk over to my bag, in a pair of heels I borrowed from Tamara, and take out the necklace and charm bracelet putting them on. I cock my head to the side and smile, happy with the outcome. Tamara comes back in from the bathroom and gives me a nod.

"You look good." She says.

"You too." I reply. Her hair was up in a stylish hairdo, a few strands framing her face. Her make-up was glamorous, to go with her dress. She looks down to my chest, where my necklace is lying, and her eyes widen, flicking from the necklace down to my wrist and back again. I look at her waiting for her to explain why she is acting weird. She smiles.

"Are they new?" She asks trying to sound indifferent.

"Um..." I hadn't got the chance to show her them, but now, I don't want her to know, not that I don't trust her. "No, they've been in the family for ages." I reply.

"Be careful." She says, after looking like she doesn't believe me.

"Why-"

"You ready to go down?" She asks changing the subject. Music starts to come up the stairs. I nod, brushing it off. She takes my arm and pulls me out of the room and down the stairs. When we arrive in the ballroom, it's been transformed.

"Wow." I breathe. The lighting is low, with streamers going across the ceiling. There are tables around the room, and comfy looking chairs in alcoves around the room. There were balloons, a bar, and a stage at one end of the room. There are already people talking and dancing on the dance-floor. Tyler sees us and pulls Geraldine over.

"Girls you look delightful." Tyler says. I thank him.

"How are you feeling Trixie?" He asks.

"A lot better thank you." I reply. Geraldine looks disgusted to be here and looks anywhere but at us. As she turns to look the other way, something I am wearing catches her eye. Like Tamara she looks down at my chest, to the necklace and down to my wrist, at the bracelet.

"Where did you get those?" She snaps.

I am so so sorry for the long wait!! I had just finished Hades' Daughter and am trying to get the sequel underway. I promise that I won't take as long to update next time, in fact I will update in a couple of days, to make up for it. sorry again! Thanks for sticking with it.

What makes the necklace and bracelet so special? Why is everyone interested in them?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that ;))

CC ;)