Monsters

Chapter 14: Bella's Back

I sat at the lunch table as I listened to everyone converse with each other. Lizzie started rambling on about how her sister is an idiot which amused me. I looked up and noticed Bella standing by the table that she sat at for months. I raised an eyebrow as she slowly started walking towards the table. She went around and pulled out a chair next to Mike. Everyone at the table became silent as she talked about her dad trying to find the bear. I made a face as I thought about the 'bear'. Angela made a comment which caused everyone to go back to talking. Mike started to talk to Bella while Lizzie and I watched.

"So, do you want to go see a movie?" Mike asked. Lizzie snickered and looked over to me. I rolled my eyes and nudged her. She shrugged and shoved some of her lunch in her mouth.

"We should go." Lizzie said as she pointed to the both of us.

"Alright." I agreed. Lizzie smiled and continued to eat her lunch. I looked around the room and noticed that Katrina was sitting beside Peyton. Bella spoke up to everyone which caught my attention.

"Yes, sister. I would love to go to the movies with you." Lizzie mocked. I rolled my eyes again and laughed.

"Yeah, I would love to go." I said. Bella smiled as everyone started accepting the invitation. My eyes adverted to Mike who seemed bummed out. I giggled a bit and nudged Lizzie. Lizzie glanced over and started giggling with me.

-
I waited with Mike, Jacob, and Lizzie. Mike started talking to Jacob. Lizzie and I listened to see if it was going anywhere.

"Are you even old enough to watch this?" Mike asked rudely. I waited for Jacob to reply as he shrugged.

"Yeah, Bella is buying my ticket." He answered. Mike nodded and went back to waiting for Bella. Bella came up and started explaining where everybody was.

"Jessica bailed on us and Eric got sick, so Angela is taking care of him." She said. Lizzie cheered while I smiled. We all walked in and took our seats. I sat in between Jacob and Lizzie. Lizzie insisted that I sit next to Jacob.

"Don't get too comfy next to me, Woodman." Jacob teased. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Trust me," I said. "I don't plan on it."

"Guys, shut up. The movie is about to start." Lizzie hushed us. I closed my mouth and kept my eyes glued on the screen. I felt a nudge from my left. I took my eyes off the screen to see Jacob staring at me.

"Yes?" I whispered. Jacob grinned and looked at Mike.

"Look at him." He whispered back. I leaned over to see Mike cringing. I laughed with my hand over my mouth. Jacob started laughing with me. Lizzie nudged me and placed a finger over her mouth. Jacob scoffed at Lizzie.

"Yeah, Woodman. Shut up." Jacob mocked. My jaw dropped as I slapped him. Jacob started laughing but stopped when people turned around to glare at him.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Mike said before he shot out of his seat. He rushed to the bathroom causing us to follow after him. Once we were out of the movie center, Jacob spoke up.

"What a marshmallow." He stated. We all laughed and walked towards the stairs. My arm brushed against Jake's arm. Lizzie noticed and smirked at us two. Bella sat on the stairs with Jacob doing the same. Jacob started talking to Bella. My ears only caught a few as I listened to their heartbeats. Jacob's was fast as he got closer to Bella while Bella's stayed the same. I shook my head and waited for Mike.

"Bella, I know what he did to you." He said. "I promise you that I would never hurt you."

"Oh, look. Mike is back." Lizzie mumbled under her breath. Mike sauntered over with sweat dripping from his forehead. I did my best to ignore the group. A fight started growing as Bella stepped in between. Her hand gripped Jacob's hand.

"You're really warm." She stated. Jacob looked at his and looked at me.

"I feel sick. I should go home." He said as he took off. I started chasing after him. Lizzie called after me but gave up. I grabbed Jacob's arm and yanked him back. Jacob growled slightly and freed himself.

"Jacob, what is wrong?" I yelled. He jumped into his car. I got in on the passenger side and slammed the door shut.

"Avery, get out of the car." Jacob demanded. I shook my head and buckled in.

"No, you are taking me home. I know you are not sick." I said. Jacob slapped the steering wheel violently.

"You are so stubborn." He shouted. I crossed my arms and stared at him.

"I kn-" Lips crashed onto my own. I was taken aback by the sudden action. I closed my eyes but did nothing else. Jacob pulled away and put the keys in the ignition. I stared at him with wide eyes. He didn't say a word. He pulled out of the parking spot and drove home.

-
He pulled into the driveway and put the vehicle in park. I reached for the door handle but stopped. I waited for him to say anything. Nothing was said or heard. My heart sank as I opened the door. I slammed the door shut and marched up to my door. Jacob rushed out of the driveway and drove away. I went up to my room and noticed two notes dangling from the window. I grabbed both and read them.

Shall he be next? -A

Avery, stay away from him. -Adam

--
Hey. What did you think? This is just a filler with parts from the book. What did you think of the unexpected kiss? Javery? Does anyone ship the two?

Vote, comment, and follow.

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.

~Katie