I Ski You Falling in Love

I was somewhere warm and safe. Blinking open my eyes I realized I was in Luca's arms. A small smile crept it's way to my lips. Originally when we made this bargain with Luca (Ethan and I) I planned it as a way to get Luca off our backs and then enjoy the rest of my time with Ethan. But, I was actually enjoying my time with him.

All the silly jokes and squabbles. And I even found a way to adore his seriousness and occasionally reckless attitude. Every little thing about him was so endearing and perfect.

Ethan was a wonderful person. There's no doubt, but he did have flaws. He would ice you out if he didn't get his way. And he basked a little in girls admiration for him. I didn't like these qualities but I liked him anyway. Wait, liked?

I was so sure at the beginning of this trip I was going to pretend to give Luca a chance and then return to Ethan. But would it hurt to actually consider him? To take the bargain seriously?

I furrowed my brows and bit my lip frustrated.

"What's got you so worried? We are on vacation."

I jerked back from Luca feeling colder and more alone than before.

"S-Sorry..."

Something fluttered in my chest. Then I instantly frowned. Was I really falling for Luca? I thought I had promised Ethan and I don't flake out right after accepting his feelings... But we both agreed to this right? I did say I'd give them both a fair chance.

He frowned a little his mouth urging downward adorably. Luca scooted closer and wrapped his arms around me. The familiar warmth enveloped me once again, the content feeling returning.

Blushing I felt nervous, not the usual

I-need-to-get-out-of-this. I placed my hands on his strong and firm chest pushing back. Even though I did this I felt reluctant to push away.

"You seem different. Something wrong?"

That light airy feeling returned to my chest. I wasn't sure whether to fight it or not.

"N-No... I-I'm fine just y-you know..."

Stuttering plus rambling? God, I seem like a school girl with a giant crush.

He held me a little tighter and the light airy feeling expanded and I felt euphoria.

"I think you're not too well. Maybe we should stay until your better. Or leave the trip and take you to a doctor."

I smiled at his concern. How touching and sweet. How haven't I noticed? An uncontrollable smile crept onto my face.

Luca looked confused and looked closer to my face my face getting more crimson as he gets closer. I tried to back a little get some space. It sure was hot in here, or is it just him?

I stared into his beautiful eyes reminding me of a liquid gold supernova with a dark black hole centered in the middle of the golden explosion. So majestic. Odd how such small things hold so much wonder and beauty.

"You sure are weird today, are you sure your good to go?"

"Yeah."

"Well, everything's packed let's just get some breakfast and head to the mountains. We stop at the cabin rental drop off stuff and make it just in time for three hours of skiing."

I froze in his arms, tensing up. "I've never skied before... Three hours?"

He smiled warmly and assuringly my worries disappear instantly. "I'll be there so don't worry."

I felt better and smiled happily sure the world was safer now that I got Luca. Forcing myself to move I untangled Luca's strong comforting arms.

He looks a little reluctant to let me go and I smile when I turn away. Grabbing some new winter clothes I head to the bathroom and change.

I had a long coat with fur linings to keep me warm. Black pants and a lacy blouse unearth the long black coat. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and walked out seeing Luca already in his winter clothes.

Truthfully he didn't need it. He is so hot he would melt the ice. Ok hormones, chill.

After heading downstairs we had two pancakes each without Evelyn and Weston they left a note saying;

We had pack business to attend to so please enjoy the pancakes without us. We do regret not being there to say bye. Luca just speed dial Hal for the door ok? Although if you can (which is unlikely) try not to break it... see you again hopefully!

-Evie and Weston Stoneheart

So we did what they suggested. Enjoy the pancakes and try to make Luca not break the doorknob.

After I closed their front door Luca and I headed out to the Sierra Cabins. So original.

Majority of the car trip I was like a broken balance. Choosing whether to like Luca and give him a chance or stay loyal to Ethan. Back and forth. I was close to flipping a coin. Sighing I looked out the window watching the scenery slowly become a winter wonderland.

I wonder if I'm any good at skiing...

_______

Luca had dropped off the bags of luggage in the cabin while I sat in the car. I volunteered to help but he brushed me off saying he wanted to do it all himself.

I replied with 'Alrighty show everyone what a big boy you are'. He finished up a hopped back in driving us to the ski mountain.

_______

(A/N: the time skip seems incomplete but it'll make sense next chapter) I rushed down the hill slightly wobbling. I swerved quickly to the right, a little too quickly.

The ski turned up a little and I bent my ankle toppling over. I was about to fall off a steep cliff, not too high up but enough to be dangerous. About twenty feet. I braced for the fall but to never came.

Instead, I toppled into a pair of familiar comforting arms.

Looking up I see the golden eyes that saved me time from time. My heart thumped a little fast blood rushed to my face while my chest felt airy and light.

Anyone could ski that I'm falling in love.

________________________

Puns! Sorry for the late updates but if I update often I won't do HW. So bear with me. But thanks again for all votes and 1K views so amazing. And I know last part doesn't really make sense but I wanted it (very badly) to go along with the title. Heheh... See you soon!
-⚜True Potato⚜