Twenty

Anthony POV

"Here." I gave Cameron a twenty and watched him walk into the store. We're on our way to the address my mom sent me but Cameron's ass broke his charger so we stopped to get him a new one.

My phone began to ring and it was her calling.

"Hello."

"Y-Yeah, are you guys almost here?" She said.

"Yeah."

"Okay, how far?"

"Close enough." I said.

"Okay but how long will it take you to get here?" She said.

"I'll get there when I get there. This isn't for me, you the one that wants this."

She kissed her teeth. "Just hurry up. Please." She hung up.

Cameron opened up the car door and got in.

"Thank you.." He said.

I didn't respond because he knows how I feel about him thanking me for money or "favors".

After driving for a while we pulled up at  some light blue house that looked familiar. I'm trying to think so hard where I've seen this house before but it's not coming to me.

"C'mon, let's go." We got out the car and walked to the porch. I knocked on the door and there was an immediate answer.

My mother opened the door and hugged me. "My baby..." She was crying and I couldn't hide the confusion on my face. The fuck she crying for, I'm not dead.

She pulled away from me and looked at Cameron. She gave him a quick tight smile.

"Um, so come inside. Both of you." She stepped out of the way we went inside. It was quiet and empty in the front, but I heard a lot of chatter in the back.

"You got people here?" I asked. I'm not in the mood to chat and mingle with nobody, I'm here for a reason I don't even know yet. And if it's to talk to people, there's gonna be an issue.

"Yeah, that's actually what I wanted to talk to you about... You guys follow me." She led us a room in the back. She pushed the door open and there sat some of my relatives that I haven't seen since I was probably a kid. I had aunts, uncles, cousins, my grandmothers and grandfather that I never had no relation with.

"There he is!" One of my uncles, I don't remember the niggas name, stood up to give me a handshake that I returned with no enthusiasm. I'm really not in the mood for no fucking family reunion.

"Anthony, don't act all shy. Go say hi to your family." My mom said with a smile.

I stayed right where I was. "Ion know these people like that and I don't care to either. Just tell me why I'm here so I can leave." Everybody became quiet and the looks of happiness on their faces went away and I really don't care either. At this point I'm annoyed that she even thought I'd be interested in seeing any type of family. I'm good on that family shit.

"Uh," my mom sighed "Ant, you remember Pastor Marley? When I used to take you to church when you were little?" She touched a mans shoulder who I'm guessing was 'Pastor Marley'.