Chapter 46 - Wednesday

I love Wednesdays. I get home from school and everyone's already there. It's a 2 show day, so one show at 2:00, and one at 8:00. One downside however, I get home at about 4:10, the show ends at 5:00. Do you see my predicament? If I go through the stage door, I have to maneuver my way through people, who are about to go onstage. If I go through the front door, I still have to do that, except, getting backstage is more complex. So really, it's not a dilemma as much as it is, I'm trying to find my way out of having to go through the hectic backstage area, and up stairs, that other more important people are running up and down with a backpack and on crutches. The solution you ask? I'm going to wait until the show ends to go upstairs.

Stewart pulled up in front of the main doors.

"Thank you so much!" I called back, I got through the front doors, I used my own key, the security guys know me, but I feel like they feel safer if I use my own key.

I crutched myself over to a chair in the lobby, I had no idea why these were here, decoration? I don't know. I checked my watch which read 4:15. Great, 45 minutes left. I passed those 45 minutes with A.P Bio work, then English. We were reading Shakespeare. God, I hate Shakespeare. Oh and after English, I did my Algebra. By the time I finished those 3 classes, about 40 minutes had passed. Crap. I quickly gathered everything that was mine and shoved it into my bag, then swung it on and crutched over to a door leading backstage, I unlocked it, and looked onstage, great, everyone was on for Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story. I hurried away, and up the stairs.

I was finally in the safety of my own room, but not for long. I give bows 3 minutes, then maybe 20 minutes for celeb pictures. You never know what's going to happen these days, either everyone will crash, or be way too hyped up, then crash worse later. I was pondering which outcome I would prefer for tonight, then I heard the screams. They're hyped. Oh what joy. I heard people running upstairs to their dressing rooms and I heard yelling. Yay. I give it 5 minutes before I'm forcibly removed from my room to go out to dinner, not that I would complain, I'm just lazy.

"Hey! Come out!" I'm pretty sure it was Leslie at my door.

"Are we going somewhere?" I opened the door.

"No, just downstairs. Come on!"

"One second!" I half walked, half hopped over to where my crutches were propped up by my bed. With that, I followed him downstairs to the Hair and Wig department, which, apparently, is where the decided to set up a table. Don't ask my why that makes sense. It has coloring books some days. Well, right now, like half of the cast was there, some sitting, some standing. I sat in one of the empty seats at the table. "Am I in trouble?" I asked looking around at everyone, "is this like one of those situations where the parents make the kids sit down so they can talk to them in a superior position?"

"No. Just give it a second, more of us will be here soon." Oak informed me.

"Ok, well this is awkward. Can we just start now, I'm getting kind of weirded out."

"GUYS! MOVE IT! WE'RE TELLING HER WITHOUT YOU IF YOU DONT GET YOUR BUTTS OUT HERE IN 10 SECONDS!" Jazzy can be much louder than you think.

Anthony, Chris and Javi, all ran over immediately.

"Ok, so we have like 2 things to fill you in on," Pippa began, "one, you have a pre-adoption hearing meeting tomorrow." I didn't know whether to roll my eyes or smile. "Two, we've been invited to go to the White House, in a couple of weeks." I couldn't believe that

"Wait? Am I coming? Do I get to go to the White House?"

"Yeah! Of course!" Pippa responded.

"Alright! We're going out to lunch! You wanna come with?" Jazzy invited

"Yeah, I'd love to."

Sorry this was stupid

Thanks for reading

- Abi