19: Lucie

I sat at the kitchen table, the morning after James and Matthew had made a mess with the cake batter. Yesterday afternoon, they had tried to bake a cake, but had made a mess everywhere. I had yelled at them quite harshly, saying that it wasn't their kitchen to make a mess up of, and how disrespectful they had been. They both had only sat there, quietly, taking a lot. I had actually felt quite bad after yelling at them, afterwards. James and Matthew had both apologized to Julian, who had only laughed and said it was alright. He was very nice, I would have been enraged. Currently, James and Matthew were quietly eating their breakfast, not speaking to everyone. Emma then came bustling into the room.

"I have good news!" She exclaimed.

"Has Christopher come to get us?" Anna asked, curiously.

"No. The Herondales, Fairchilds, and Lightwoods I told you about, are going to visit, today." Emma grinned happily.

"How exciting. I get to finally see my descendant that probably looks just like me." Matthew grinned.

Emma and Julian shared an amused look, at his words.

"The other Lightwood, Alec, can't come, but his sister Isabelle will be here. She's a bit like you, Anna." Emma spoke.

Anna smiled to herself. I felt very excited. I couldn't wait to meet this Herondale boy, Emma had talked so much about. She said he was very handsome, and I had laughed.

"I feel quite sorry for the Fairchild girl." James announced, and then smirked. "She's related to Matthew."

Matthew scowled, and hit James in the side of the head. James only laughed, as did Cordelia.

"How funny, that she would be engaged to a Herondale." I smiled.

"I've never seen more people so in love." Emma confessed. "It's amazing to watch the two of them, together."

We all finished breakfast soon after that, and we all waited in the living room, for them to arrive. I felt very excited. I was very interested in seeing the Fairchild and Lightwood, as well as the Herondale boy. Two hours after breakfast, there was a knock at the door, and Emma and Julian went to go answer it. They returned a few moments later, with three other people. Two girls and a boy. The first girl had bright, bright red hair, and bright green eyes. She was very short, and looked about in her twenties.

The second girl, was one of the prettiest I had ever seen. She had long black hair, and dark brown eyes. She looked like aunt Cecily and Anna, and I knew right away that she was the Lightwood. At her throat, lay Anna's red pendant necklace. Finally, was the Herondale boy. He had a halo of golden blonde hair, and golden eyes, that were sort of like Jamie's. Emma had been right, he was very handsome. We all stood, and they all stood in front of us. The three of them greeted Mark first, and he explained the story of how he was back. When he was finished, Emma started to introduce them.

"Anna, this is Isabelle Lightwood." Emma introduced. "Isabelle, this is Anna Lightwood."

The two girls stared at each other in awe, for a few moments. Face to face, they actually did look like each other.

"Your necklace." Isabelle said, her hand flying up to her throat. "It's mine."

Anna smiled. "This used to belong to my mother. She gave it to me."

Isabelle and Anna then immediately started to talk, and Emma moved onto the red haired girl.

"Matthew, this is Clary Fairchild." Emma continued. "Clary, this is Matthew Fairchild."

"Nice to meet you." Clary smiled and stuck out of her hand, looking a bit nervous.

Matthew studied Clary for a long while, and then threw his hands up.

"Dear God, she looks exactly like Charles." He exclaimed dramatically.

Clary looked uncomfortable, and Matthew seemed to notice this, because he leaned down and kissed her hand.

"But I must say, you make his features look ever so beautiful." He grinned charmingly.

"Oh." Clary breathed, blushing while smiling shyly.

I only laughed and shook my head at him. Isabelle's eyes widened when she saw Matthew, and stared at him for a second. I smiled to myself, she must have thought that he was attractive. She then whispered something in Clary's ear, which caused her to laugh.

"And James, Lucie, this is Jace Herondale." Emma finished. "Jace, this is James and Lucie Herondale."

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

Clary was staring at James, her green eyes wide, just the way Isabelle had stared at Matthew.

"You're Tessa's kids, aren't you?" Jace asked, his golden eyes bright.

"Yes, we are." James replied.

"You look just like Tessa." Clary smiled at me, and I returned it. I got that a lot.

We all then sat down, and started to talk. Clary and Jace told us that they were going to be married, and James and Matthew had grinned at each other. Isabelle then explained how her Jace were adoptive siblings.

"We're not actually related." Isabelle said.

"You are." Anna piped up. "My mother was a Herondale, before she married my father."

Jace looked shocked. "Really?"

"Yes. James and Lucie are my cousins." Anna smiled.

Isabelle and Jace smiled at each other. Clary then asked us how we'd gotten here, and we told her the story of Christopher and his portal. They had all laughed.

"Aunt Sophie uncle Gideon are probably happy that Thomas wasn't there to fall through with us." Anna said, to us Londoners.

"Sophia is my middle name, and Gideon is my brother's middle name." Isabelle sounded shocked.

"That is our uncle and aunt. Gideon and Sophie Lightwood, my father's brother." Anna said. "What is your brother's name?"

"Alexander, but we call him Alec." Isabelle replied.

"That's my younger brother's name." Anna looked bewildered.

"Okay, this is getting too freaky." Jace grinned.

We all laughed and agreed.

"Where's Simon?" Emma asked.

"Working in Idris for the week. I decided not to go with him." Isabelle said.

I learned that Simon was Isabelle's fiancee, and that they were going to have their wedding with Clary and Jace.

"Who's Charles?" Clary suddenly asked Matthew. "You said I look like him."

"My older brother." Matthew sighed, annoyed. "Whom I do not like."

"It's okay, Matthew, you're probably better looking than him." Dru giggled.

Isabelle and Clary laughed at Dru's comment, and Jace looked thoroughly amused. He sort of looked like my father, when he did that.

"You look exactly like him." James grinned at Clary. "It is unnerving."

"And here I thought she would look like me!" Matthew exclaimed dramatically. "How ever will I overcome this?"

"You sure are dramatic." Isabelle looked amused. "I would expect that from the Herondale." She looked at James.

Matthew only shrugged, and the rest of us laughed.