Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Betrayal

Marco's P.O.V*

I drove in Bailey's car to Eric's house. Dustin somehow got everyone there and is practically holding them hostage. My family is probably really pissed at me, but I don't turn my back on my friends. When they need me, I'm there to help.

I made it to Eric's house and it looked perfectly normal. You wouldn't even think that something was wrong. I parked the car and walked up to the front door. I hesitantly knocked on the door. Let's hope this all goes well.

The door swung open and I saw Ms. Jacobson. Tears streaked her face and her eyes were a little red.

"Marco, thank goodness you're here." She pulled me into the house and I saw my friends sitting on the couch and floor. Chase leaned against a wall while Kyle talked to Eric. Dustin was no where in sight.

"Marco!" Everyone exclaimed. My friends jumped up and came over to me.

"Hey, don't move!" I heard Dustin yell.

I looked up to see Dustin coming from upstairs. He had a scar on his cheek that looked a little fresh.

"Hey Dustin." I said.

"Everyone go sit down." Dustin commanded. My friends and Ms. Jacobson went to take their seats again. He looked at me and approached. "Long time no see."

"Yeah. I think it's been 3 months."

"The last day I saw you, I was begging for your help."

"I wanted to help you. But you changed into someone I didn't recognize. I mean, you killed someone, took a life. That's not the Dustin I know."

"It was an accident. We were just messing around like we always do. We beat up a nerd, but we literally beat him to death. We didn't mean it. You could have told them that."

"It wouldn't have made a difference."

Dustin sighed and crossed his arms. Chase and Kyle were just relaxing. They must be happy to see a normal room.

"How long have we known each other?" Dustin asked me.

"Since 3rd grade."

"Right, since 3rd grade. We've been close all those years. We were practically brothers. Brothers help each other. You just watched as they took us away. You could have at least attempted to help us."

"You kicked me out of the gang. I was still a little pissed. As soon as you threw me out, we were no longer friends."

"It was that easy for you? You just let us go?" Chase asked, standing up and walking over to us.

Kyle came and joined. They surrounded me, making me a little nervous. I've never been nervous about getting beat up before.

"Let's just get out of here. Let everyone go home and enjoy the rest of thanksgiving."

"No, I want to know how you can just hate us so easily." Kyle said. "We may have changed, but so did you. Look at you trying to be the peacemaker. Last I checked that's Lance's job. Where's the tough Marco that only cares for himself and friends?"

"I guess he's gone. The others got used to me, why couldn't you?"

They just stared at me. I pushed past them and went to sit with my friends. My phone rang and I took it from my pocket to see Bailey calling me. I answered, not wanting to ignore her.

"Hey Bailey."

"Marco, where are you? We're worried and don't know where you are. Come home, please."