#70 - Ryland & Breyanna

For @BreyannaBooker & also a slight crossover with my last scenario 💖

Rydel clapped her hands together as we sat down. "I just love weddings so much! They are so romantic."

"I honestly just came came for the food," Rocky chuckled. "Sorry bro."

"Thanks, ever so much." Ross glared at him playfully, before kissing Ruby, his wife. Beside me, Ophelia shuffled in her seat, and I'm pretty sure half of the table noticed.

"Shall we dance?" Ruby suggested, immediately pulling him away to the dance floor. It wasn't long until Rocky took Ophelia away to dance too, and I wasn't about to 5th wheel, so I cruised the wedding, looking for anybody to be with.

It was then that I saw a girl, sat alone at the bar. She didn't fit with the happiness, staring mindlessly into a cup as her feet bounced in time with the music.

She wore a yellow dress, and her hair was curled and pinned out of her face. In its entirety, the scene was beautiful.

I sat beside her, and not even then I managed to pry her off her train of thought. Only when I snapped my fingers did she look at me and straighten up. "Sorry, I'm occupying your space."

"You aren't, I was just checking if you were okay, you zoned out completely."

"Well, weddings aren't quite the thing to come to after a heartbreak." She sighed.

"Tell me about it, my brother invited his first ever crush and she looks like she's in physical pain just being here."

"That's messed up, poor girl." She commented. "Who are you, by the way?"

"I'm Ryland, groom's brother & one of his best men." I shook her delicate hand, adorned with rings. "And you?"

"Breyanna, but just call me Bre." She smiled, instantly illuminating the area around us.

"Beautiful name to suit an equally beautiful girl."

She laughed. "Does the charm come included in the suit or what?"

"Nothing, just stating facts." I shrugged and she rolled her eyes. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"There isn't very much to say; I was cheated on three times, and suppose I just snapped this time."

"Would you like to dance, to take your mind off it?"

Bre smirked. "I am in heels, and I can't dance to save my life."

"Well, neither can I so this should be entertaining," I took her hand. "Come on."

She didn't complain, simply followed me to the dance floor. It was fine at first, just the two of us swaying to slow music, until it changed abruptly and we were having to move faster than I would like it to.

Bre suddenly released me, running off into the woods. I followed behind. "Wait! Too many memories?"

She pulled her hands away form her face, to reveal tears of laughter. "That could've gone terribly bad, but it was hilarious. You looked so scared."

"Well, yes I didn't want any of us to fall," I said. "But I'm glad you've cheered up."

"Thanks, Ryland." She walked in my direction. "Do you want to go for a walk? I know this forest pretty well."

We walked side by side, talking and appreciating the nature around us. It was lovely, especially when we reached the edge of the woods, and were able to see the sea & the sun setting.

"He didn't deserve you."

"What?" She looked at me confused.

"The guy who cheated on you. He didn't deserve you, because you're spectacular." I looked to her.

"And you gathered that just by being with me for two hours."

"I suppose so." I winked. The moment was cut short, her phone ringing.

She walked aside, huffing and sighing before hanging up. "I have to go. My parents are worried, apparently."

"I'll walk you, and explain to them what happened."

Not even that worked. They concealed their anger nicely, but I was scared to think how much of a lecture Bre would get.

"So this is farewell." She smiled. "Thanks, Ry."

"No worries," I held her hand in mine, and quickly wrote my name and number on her skin. "I want to see you again."

She beamed. "I'll make sure of it."