03

"don't let the water run."
the sound of her mother's voice was almost silenced by the harsh streams of water hitting the shower floor. she still heard it.
soojeong hummed in response–with no hopes of her mother acknowledging it.

sigh.

she was supposed to be going to karaoke with
jungkook
that night. but she had already turned him down the evening from a few days ago.

"soojeong, i think you should remember how good looking i am, and reconsider."

she recalled the last sentence he had said to her, before she blurted out the negative word
"no"
and ended the call abruptly.

the water came to a halt as she began to dry herself with a towel that was much too small for her. getting dressed, she became curious.

jungkook had told her that
kim chaeri was going to be there. well, he had pointed out other people of course,
but soojeong's heart leaped at that name the exact moment it was mentioned.

what haneul had told her;
she didn't understand why she was thinking about it so much, it had become an unremovable devil on her shoulder. but whatever the reason was, it had forced her to come up with an idea.

she was going to karaoke, but in a disguise.
soojeong grinned to herself and threw on the most hideous looking clothes she could find in her closet.

once she was ready, she headed to the location.

pant.
pant.
pant.

。。。

"were you always this short?"
he lent down and stood dangerously close before her.
soojeong glanced in another direction, as long as it wasn't his face.

he chuckled.

"where do you look when your crush looks at you?" he asked, out of the blue.

she felt the need to look at him, at that exact moment.

。。。

pant.
pant.
pant.

there it was.
soojeong hunched over and rested her hands on her knees, body heaving up and down in exhaustion. she pushed up her disguise glasses higher up the bridge of her nose.

scanning the area, she noticed a lone wall placed just next to where the building was.

she leaned her slim body against the compact brick and breathed out deeply.

all she could do was wait now.
wait for him.

。。。

"i'm much prettier than any girl. you know I can have any guy."
the any was exaggerated as if it was moral of her to violate the word like so.

if it was even possible, Jungkook was getting more and more uncomfortable by the second. he was in a room mostly full of girls, ones he was pretty close to–but his thoughts were distant and off-topic.