23

Chapter twenty three: Poison

Hermione sat crossed legged on top of Tom's bed as he sat still reading in his arm chair. "Do you not have an potions essay to do?" Tom remarked glancing up from his book.

"I've already finished." She replied admiring the side profile of his face. Hermione didn't know how she ever was going to go through with the plan Draco had in mind. Her own plan wasn't working and now Harry was in a coma and it was her fault.

"I figured." Tom mumbled closing the book with a soft thud and giving all his attention to her. His gaze flickered towards the ring on her finger. "I assume you like my gift?" He asked laying his chin on top of his palm, while his head was slightly cocked to the side.

Hermione smiled up at him "I love it, I never thought you would give up something so precious to you?"

"The ring like many of the other artefacts I have collected hold no interest of mine anymore." Tom replied gazing at her intently, standing up he walked slowly towards her.

"What does hold your interest then?" She asked innocently as he sat down beside her the bed sinking a bit from his weight. He slowly leaned in close to her, Hermione could feel her own heart quicken, it give one last loud thump as there lips met softly.

She slowly wrapped her arms around his neck threading her hands through his neatly done hair, he tensed up but relaxed eventually letting a small sigh escape. Tom nibbled on her bottom lip gently while her hands tangled in his soft curls, the kiss became more passionate as he crawled over her. Both of his arms were on either side of Hermione's head and his dark hair tickled the side of her face. His dark eyes watched her intently, his eyes hypnotised her, emotions swirled within the depth of them lust.

She allowed him to slip his tongue into her mouth, both tongues swirled and battled for dominance to which he won. Hermione pulled back a bit for air, their foreheads rested against each other, both of them breathing heavily.

"You." He breathed out gently, his minty breath fanning against her face.

Hermione looked up at him with a confused expression. He simply chuckled breathlessly before kissing her forehead softly. She sighed as he moved away from her and stood up, Tom offered his hand for her to take.

"We're going to be late for dinner." He commented glancing at his watch.

Hermione nodded and Tom lifted her up easily, his hand moulded with hers and they both exited his room, slamming the door behind them, starling a few people in the hall.

When they arrived at the Great hall no one seemed to pay attention to them anymore, only some students seemed to still not be use to their entwined hands.

Everyone knew that Tom Riddle the supposed pure blood and Hermione Granger the mudblood were a thing and they dared not say anything about it. Tom escorted Hermione towards the Slytherin table and took a seat followed by Hermione, Abraxas scowled at the girl and scrunched up his nose in distaste.

"What's the mudblood doing here?" He growled from across the table, Tom threw him a nasty look to which Abraxas just smirked.

Hermione saw Draco's lip curl up in amusement while he watched his grandfather. She frowned at him, he was sitting on Tom's left and she began to feel nervous of what he might do. He could poison Tom's drink if he wanted to...