Monsters

Chapter 16: Mother

I tensed when she said the name. The name that my own mother was born into. I was shocked. My lungs screamed for air as I realized that I stopped breathing. I took a sharp breath in as I stared at the woman. I was choking on the fact that this could possibly be my mother. I gripped onto the chair and sat down. Tears welled up in my eyes. My hands were shaking as my heart was pounding. The woman smiled at me and touched my hand.

"Mom?" I whispered. Her smile turned into a sad smile. She shook her head as she sighed.

"Yes, darling. It's mom." She said as she reached for me. I tried to get words out but was speechless to the fact that my mother was actually alive.

"How?" I asked. She sighed as she looked for words to explain everything. She placed her hands over my own.

"It's hard to explain what I am." She said not really knowing what to say. I stared at her as happy thoughts ran through my mind. The fact that my mom was here with me. The only thing that got to me was the crap she did.

"Why? Why did you kill dad?" I asked with anger. "You do not know what kind of hell you put him through. He didn't deserve it."

"Honey, calm down. I have my reasons." She said as she tried to hush me. "I am only protecting you, Ave." Tears welled in my eyes as realization hit me. My own mother killed my father. My mother killed her own husband. My mom was alive and was trying to protect me.

"What about Jacob?" I asked as I thought about the previous notes. She laughed and slapped the table.

"I was only trying to give you a scare." She stated with a smile. I screamed in frustration.

"Only trying to give me a scare." I shouted as I raised my hands. "Only a scare. You scared the life out of me. Literally."

"Sorry." She apologized. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Yeah, right." I mumbled as tears streamed down my face. I wiped them away furiously. I heard a sigh from across the table.

"You got anything good to eat?" Annabell asked. I glared at her in the eyes.

"Like I would give you anything. I will let you starve." I said stubbornly. She gave me look and squinted her eyes as she nodded her head.

"Yeah, not going to happen." She shot at me as she started digging through the fridge. I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest. "Quit pouting. It doesn't make you look cute." I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"How would you know?" I asked. She turned her head and sent me a smile.

"Whatever you say, darling." She said. I wiped my face that was still wet from the tears. Noises were heard as pans were being taken out. "I hope you don't mind, but I am staying here."

"Why? Don't you have anything better to do like kill innocent people?" I snapped. A pan was dropped on the ground with a loud bang as my feet were lifted off the ground. A hand was wrapped around my neck as I gasped for air.

"Don't test me." Annabell growled. I noticed her eyes were different. The whites in her eyes were black. My legs lifted up to her arm as I twisted. A snap was heard while my bottom fell on the ground. Another snap was heard. "You brat."

"That I am." I sassed and stood up. I dusted off and stepped back. My mother closed her eyes and breathed. Her eyes opened revealing beautiful brown eyes. I noticed that my hands were hovering over the kitchen knives.

"Sorry about that. Ann doesn't like to be sassed." She stated. I gave her a confused stare.

"Ann?" I asked. First thought that came to mind was that my mother was crazy.

"My other half." She explained very little. I continued to stare at her confused. "I will explain when I can find the words for it."

"Are you crazy?" I asked. Annabell smirked and placed her hand on her hip.

"Something like that." She replied. I raised my eyebrow.

"I will never be the same, will I?" I asked.

"Nope." She said with no hesitation. I glanced at the clock and noticed that it was 5 o'clock in the morning.

"Great. I have to be at school in like two hours." I mumbled. Annabell stared at me blankly.

"Stay home." She offered.

"I can't." I stated. She raised her eyebrows. "Homework."

"So?" She asked. I face palmed and shook my head.

"You don't get it." I muttered. My mother laughed lightly.

"I am kidding. Now, go get ready. I will make breakfast." She demanded. I turned on my heel and started walking away. "Don't worry, I won't poison your food. Or maybe I will." I shivered as she taunted me. I walked upstairs to take a nice, warm shower.

-
I came downstairs to the smell of fresh cooked food. It was a nice smell. Usually, it smelled like burned food or no food at all. I poked my head around the wall to see my mom dancing while she was cooking. I smiled a bit with excitement. I can actually talk to my mom. I wiped the smile off my face when I started walking to the table. I sat down and waited for my food. My mom placed breakfast on the table and took a seat for herself.

"So, anything exciting happen while I was gone?" She asked. My shoulders shrugged a bit.

"I don't know, mom. You should've been here." I said solemnly. She tilted her head and smiled.

"Do you really want to know why I wasn't here?" She asked. I nodded eagerly wanting to know. "I was in a place called Hell." I don't know why but I found it funny.

"Alright, great joke." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"Now, you want to know who I am protecting you from?" She asked. I nodded as I leaned in closer. "I am trying to protect you from your dad."

----
How was it? Hoped you enjoyed the chapter. OH MY GOD! ANNABELL IS ALIVE!!

Vote, comment, and follow.

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.

~Katie