The Red Wagon Club

I kept the drinks coming. There weren't many opportunities for me to drink anything other than wine in all my years under the mafia, so I was having an absolute blast right now. It would have been better if Angelo joined in, but I wasn't going to let him bring me down.

"You should slow down," Angelo said as the bartender set yet another drink down in front of me. This one had a little umbrella and I liked it. "No more," he told the guy.

I slapped his shoulder, "Stop. I never get these," I held the glass to my lips, but he took it away before I could drink any of it. "Ok then. Will you dance with me?"

"No."

I sighed, "Can you go to the doctor and get some of those antidepressant drugs?"

"I'm not depressed, Chloe."

"Are you sure? You haven't been you lately," I had to shout over the loud music playing. It was strange to think that this is where a fifty plus year old man liked to spend his Wednesday nights.

The Red Wagon Club.

If this was the night the cops decided they were going to raid the place to get Mr. D'Amico, this could have possibly been a suicide run for Angelo. They would without a doubt in my mind snatch him up if they saw him too.

"Yes baby, I'm sure."

"Do you want to go home?"

He shook his head and twirled the liquid in the glass boringly.

"What are we doing than?"

"Getting out of the house. Waiting for the asshole to get his just desserts. All of the above."

"What if the cops come and they get you too?"

"They're already here."

"How do you know that?" I asked whilst looking around the room in search of guys or gals in uniform. I didn't see a single person that stood out.

He started pointing people out lazily, "He's probably the head. You can tell by the way he's standing. He's not having fun and he's shrugging off everyone that comes near him."

"Hmmm...kinda sounds like you right now," I teased.

His face changed for a moment before going back to his normal, concentrated self, "That one's the careless guy who's just happy to be here," he pointed out one of the guys on the dance floor, grinding on every girl that he came in contact with. "He's going to get himself killed."

"Ok. And? Is there more?"

He didn't have time to answer me before the mood of the place dropped. My eyes wandered over to the entrance where I saw Rafael walking in with a few others behind him, men and skanky, much much younger women.

This whole situation just became too real and I slid off the barstool, gently tugging on Angelo's suit coat, "We should go. I know they're not gonna stop until both of you are behind bars. I don't need you gone right now."

"Really?" He asked in disbelief, "This is the best part though," he said as I somehow managed to pull him off the stool.

"I don't think it's worth it. We can go home and be with the babes. I think that would be way better than whatever is going to go down here. Besides, I think you'll be hearing about any drama that happens here later tonight anyway."

We both watched as the man Angelo deemed the head cop approached Mr. D'Amico. "Yeah, you're right," he grabbed my arm softly and pulled me to the exit.

We made a clean getaway as shit started to hit the fan.

______________________

The four of us, Angelo, Sophia, Alessio and I all rushed into some sort of mafia establishment. I wasn't really quite sure what it was, not a warehouse, but also nothing special. We had been home for all of a minute before Angelo got an urgent call from Tony. He wanted everyone even a touch associated with the D'Amico Family to come.

There were kids running around despite the fact that it was late at night. The older women had curlers in their hair, people were in their pajamas like Soph and Sio, and others looked like they had been expecting this call like Angelo.

I saw Dom first and then Lilly, who was in her pajamas holding a very asleep Enzo. "The fuck?" Dom snapped. "Why the hell are we all here?"

Tony walked out into the center of the somewhat circle we had all formed, "A rat told the cops where to find Rafael," he said, looking right at me. I moved closer into Angelo, pulling Sio along with me, Soph was already glued to Angelo's other side. "That rat is here," his scary ass eyes still burned right into me. "Is she going to speak up, or do I have to call her out?"

Everyone looked at me as if they had already known, even Sophia and Alessio stared, but they were worried, they weren't accusing like everyone else.

"Rafael had a few requests regarding the future of this family if something were to happen to him. He didn't think this was going to happen for another twenty some years though, so we'll disregard them."

"What were they?" Angelo and Dom asked at the same exact time.

"You two would like to know," he paused, "I'll tell you, since it won't be happening anyway I don't see the harm in sharing. He wanted Alessio to succeed him, but as we all know the boy is hardly capable of doing anything without his mother present. How in the fuck would he run a mafia at three goddamn years of age?"

"Why the fuck are you calling the shots?" Some guy yelled, I didn't know his name, nor did I care. I was more concerned about Alessio, who was about ready to throw a party. He only partially listened to Tony and actually thought he would be getting the mafia. "I want Angelo back in charge. At least this place wasn't such a hell then. We did stuff. Fun stuff. Now all we do is take threats from enemies while only the elites get to act on it."

Tony looked at him for a second before looking to another guy next to him and whispering something. Within seconds the guy had his brains scattered all over the people behind to him. Soph and I seemed to be the only people who saw that because we were the only people who screamed.

Angelo put his hands on Sophia's shoulders and squeezed reassuringly.

"Who's fucking next?" Tony shouted and slowly stalked towards us. "You?" He stopped right in front of Soph, his gun out, "Eh, fiore?" He raised his gun and I screamed all over again.

"Do not fucking touch her," Angelo growled.

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Put your goddamn gun down!" Dom stepped in, his handgun now pointed at Tony.

Angelo and Dom looked at each other before gunshots rang.

______________________

Just wanted to let you all know that I posted the first chapter of Angelo's story. It's called Growing Up Mafia.

Please go check it out :)