Chapter 20 - Curiosity

[Ari's POV]

When Mike told me what Kellin told him, i immediatly grew worried.

If Nate was around the area, then he'll find his way to the venue.

At least we were able to have a good show. No problems or intrusions concerning the topic.

I put Kitty to sleep in Mike's bunk as Vic rested up on the couch for now. He was exhausted after 3 encores, but was still going to be there just in case.

I walked out, meeting with both guards who i asked to watch the bus while we packed out equiptment.

"Alright, she's asleep. You know what to do, right?" i asked them

They both nod and i thank them before heading back towards the venue to help pack up.

"Hey, she fell asleep?" Mike said as he greeted me with a peck on the lips.

I nodded. "Yeah. Vic's with her, too," i said.

"Alright, he responded, seeming more at ease.

I then help him pack up the drums and mics with him.

[Narrator's POV]

Katrina woke up and saw she was alone in her daddy's bunk.

She wondered where her mommy and daddy were.

She climbed down from the bunk and into the living room, where her Uncle Vic had fallen asleep on the sofa. She decided to leave him to sleep, considering he looked pretty tired and didn't want to bother him.

She then walked towards the front door, opening it and peeking outside, seeing two guards standing around at the front. 

They turned around as Kitty walked out, leaving the door open just a bit as she gave them a friendly smile and waved 'Hello.'

"Katrina Fuentes? You shouldn't be out here. We thought you were asleep," one said.

He looked a bit like Dr. Death-Defying from the Killjoy comics her Uncle Jaime got her, but a little less old.

The otehr guard, who was younger looking and pretty tall, saw how friendly Katrina was and smiled back at her.

"Go back inside with Uncle Vic, kiddo. It's better not to have your mom and dad wo-"

BANG!

Everyone jumped as the sound of the bullet echoed around them and the young guard fell to the ground, a hole in his back.

"HIDE!!" the other guard shouted to Katrina.

Katrina was suddenly pulled into the bus by a pair of quick arms as the older guard slamemd the door shut.

"KITTY!! Oh god, Kitty, are you okay?!"

Vic woke up and held Katrina in his arms protectively.

Then there was another 'BANG!'

[Vic's POV]

I quickly picked up Kitty and ran as fast as i could to the bunk rooms, and hid her in Tony's bunk.

"Stay here, okay? And don't make a noise," i said, placing a finger over my lips.

She did the same, meaning she understood. I covered her with the blanket and then closed the bunk.

I grabbed a baseball bat from my bunk and run out towards the living room where Nate opened the door and stormed in.I run towards him and tried to swing, only to realize he still had a gun and he shot.

A pain erupted from my shoulder as i shout in pain, dropping the bat.

Nate grabs the bat took a swing, striking my head and making me fall to the ground.

The last thing i heard before everything turned black was the sound of Kitty screaming.