Chapter 10

Percy POV
My days at Hogwarts were going great. The students got a bit more used to me, but they didn't stop their staring.

I seemed to do well in pretty much every lesson, which was new for me.

In my old school, Goode High, I did terribly in almost all my lessons so it felt really cool to be awesome at school for once.

I wonder if this is how Annabeth feels all the time.

Annabeth. I missed Annabeth LOADS. That was one big negative side to the school.

I figured out a way to Iris Message her everyday even with the time difference but it still wasn't the same as being ️with her.

Anyways, back to the point.

There was a feast where the champions from each school would be announced.

We all took our seats and waited for the goblet to spit out the names.

Dumbledore rose to the stage and caught a slip.

'Perceus Jackson, from Hecate's Academy,' he announced.

Shocker

Then he stood there waiting for the next slip to arrive.

I was guided to a door which led to the Champions' waiting room.

I sat there. And waited.

It felt like a year before the next Champion arrived. It was a blonde girl from Beauxbatons called Fleur Delacour.

Then Viktor Krum came from Durmstrang.

He's that famous seeker. Right? I thought.

Not so soon after, a boy arrived. He had brown hair and was of medium height.

I recognised him from my Herbology class with Hufflepuff. Cedric... Diggers? Draggery?

'Hello, I'm Cedric Diggory,' the boy said.

Oh, it was Diggory.

We introduced ourselves and waited for Professor Dumbledore to show up.

I sized up my components.

To be a seeker, Viktor must be fairly agile and have good sight.

Judging by his built, it was fair to guess that he was fairly strong but that shouldn't matter much because there would be more magic involved than heavy lifting.

Fleur, even though she was quite small and dainty, must have been exceptional at magic to be chosen.

Something told me to watch out for her.

As for Cedric, it was too early to judge anything about him.

Suddenly, Harry burst in through the doors followed by a very angry crowd of teachers and ministry members.

'Vat is happening? 'Vhy is that boy 'ere?' Fleur asked.

'Harry here, is a Triwizard champion,' Professor McGonagall said.

I stood there speechless.

'But he is too young to be a champion. I mean look at him!' Fleur said.

That started an argument between all the grown ups.

Harry claimed that he didn't do it, and I was convinced that he didn't.

Somebody must have entered his name for him.

Like a Deatheater!

This is why Lady Hecate sent me here. I thought.

Everyone was shouting and accusing Harry of it while Harry stood hopelessly.

Gods, these people are stupid. They're not even considering the fact that someone set him up.

'For the Gods' sake, SHUT UP!' I said, a bit too loudly.

Oops.

'Mr Jackson,' Professor McGonagall  started. 'How dare you-'

'He's right Minerva,' Professor Moody cut her off. 'You are all fighting like little kids and yet I don't see the one person who actually has a reason to be upset, saying anything.'

'Why would Harry mind? He gets to be in the tournament.'

That started another discussion that I quickly got bored off. What can I say? Blame the ADHD.

Before I knew it, the conversation was ending and we were being sent back to our rooms.

I followed Harry to the Gryffindor dorms, to which Harry was met by a lot of cheering and laughing.

Quickly excusing myself from the common room, I went to my private quarters and sat in the living room just thinking about who could have put Harry's name in.

Being able to trick the goblet like that must have used some fairly advanced magic and it's very unlikely that Harry did it himself.

It's most likely not a prank because it's too difficult for even a seventh year and I doubt that a seventh year would waste their time putting Harry's name in the goblet cause they'd be old enough to sign up themselves.

Since the tournament is supposed to be really dangerous, I would bet anything that it wasn't a friend of Harry's who did this, but an enemy.

As far as I know, all of Harry's serious enemies are somehow tied into Voldemort, so it was most likely someone on Voldemort's side who did this.

Like a death eater.

(See, I can be smart too)

But why?

I was wrapped up in my thoughts for an hour and before I knew it, it was time for bed.

The first round would be held at the 24th of November.

I wonder what the challenge will be... guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

~
This part has 881 words

I'm so so so sorry that this chapter was late. I've just been really busy.

I know that some of the facts and parts aren't exactly the same to Goblet of Fire but I don't really care to have it exactly the same as that book.

Hope you guys liked this chapter. Be sure to vote this story up!