1: Sticky Fingers

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello my Lovely readers! Just a quick note, this book has been rewritten so if you see some differences from the original don't be surprised. I wrote this book like 3 years ago and my writing has improved since then and I couldn't wait to edit this story. Despite some of changes, the plot of the story is pretty much the same. So thank you for choosing my story it means so much to me.

Well that's all for now let's get on with the story.
~DS
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

  ~DS••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

•Kiyah•

"Good Afternoon, Mr.Santos." I said to my boss as I walked into my job. He is a short Hispanic man around his mid or late 40's. I've been working in his store most of the summer and I have to say I like it here. When I told my parents I got a job at a corner store they weren't to fond of the idea, but I convinced them to let me have this job. I mean what could go wrong.

Overtime Mr. Santos has taken a liking to me and he's even told me I'm one of the best workers he's ever had.

"Buenas tardes, Kiyah. ¿Como etas?" He asked while counting the money in the cash register. I walked behind the counter and placed my purse under there. "I'm good, I'll be starting my senior year tomorrow." After I graduate I'm heading off to college to become a writer. I've always loved writing, someday I hope to become a bestselling author.

"Amazing! if you could tell Nadia to stop by the store tomorrow that would be great." I internally rolled my eyes. Nadia is his niece and also a total bitch.

I plastered on a fake smile and said, "Sure."

After a while Mr. Santos and I talked a little more as I worked around the store.

Like usual a few people came in; business was pretty slow today. I scrolled down insta watching funny videos and liking pictures until someone walked in. I couldn't see his face because of the hood they had on but I knew something was up. He roamed the aisles of the store, so I decided to do the same. I came to the chip aisle and I pretended to restock the bags until he came to my aisle. I snuck a peak to see the person  grabbing a bag, they turned towards me and I quickly looked away. As he looked away I saw him shove something else in his pocket.

I searched the store for Mr. Santos to see him dancing with the broom to his Spanish music. After a few attempts of trying to get his attention his eyes finally met mine.

I nodded my head towards the person in the hood and he caught on to what I was saying. He went into the back I'm guessing to get his baseball bat. Mr. Santos and I've joked a couple times about how to handle shoplifters. His exact words were, "Let someone try to steal from me and they'll have to deal with Maria." Maria is the name he gave his bat. At the time I thought Mr. Santos was just kidding about using it but I guess not.