Emotional Ante

Being one of the first to finish through with the registration process and formally receive the name cards with the village arrangements on the back, Baekhyun found himself walking on an isolated path with the two people who represented two different forces. On his left, Kyungsoo walked along, carrying his black bag dutifully while walking at the same pace the brunet took on. Then, on his right, Baekhyun had the company of the giant who carried his things with ease and kept at a slower pace just to stay with the brunet. It was as though the devil and angel took their place on either side of him at their rightful place. Kyungsoo would've been the embodiment of the devil and Chanyeol was somehow the representation of an angel; but Baekhyun couldn't say that he agreed with the implications.

The bag he carried was benevolent in weight, but Chanyeol kept insisting all the way to the village that he'd be able to help. Kyungsoo acknowledged the athlete's presence, but didn't give an ounce of attention to him. When they reached a separation in the road, Kyungsoo wasn't pleased with the fact that he had to depart from the other two. The giant, on the other hand, smiled at the president's departure from then as they went off their separate ways.

As the two of them continued in the direction of their sighted cabin, Baekhyun's frown remained static on his face. They were the first to arrive at the designated cabin, and although Baekhyun led the way, Chanyeol stretched his legs to get ahead in order to be the one who reached the door first. His quick appearance to the front startled Baekhyun to a halt just before his hand touched the handle and he took a step back, taken off guard by Chanyeol's smile.

"You first," the player said with a toothy grin.

Baekhyun attempted to pay him no mind, scoffing softly to himself as he stepped inside the dark cabin. Looking to his left, he spotted the switch and immediately illuminated the room. Once his eyes focused, he saw four beds, one in each corner of the wooden establishment. Baekhyun decided to take the bed in the right corner of the cabin that was farthest form the door.

The loud thuds behind him kept Baekhyun updated on the giant's movements. He placed his bags on the bed and stood staring at his belongings for a few seconds before his ears perked at Chanyeol's sudden sneeze. He looked back, met eyes with the laughing tower, and cuts their eye contact short.

"Aren't you going to tell me 'bless you'?" Chanyeol teased.

"Bless you with what?" Baekhyun said, keeping his voice plain.

A moment of silence passed and for a small piece of time, Baekhyun believed that there was nothing else to say or do. Hopes rose, but quickly fell when he felt the giant wrap an arm around him, and suddenly, he was pulled into an embrace that left his cheek pressed against Chanyeol's broad chest.

Putting his hands on the male's body was a mistake. Beneath the shirt, Baekhyun could feel the athlete's toned body, and he regretted it. Shoving his thoughts aside, the brunet attempted to push Chanyeol off, but just as he thought he would become triumphant, Chanyeol spun them around and landed the two of them on the bed.

As occurrence would happen, when the two of them regained their senses, Chanyeol realized the type of position he had put them in. Baekhyun, groggy from the quick movement, found himself lying on the giant's chest.

"What the hell," he muttered as he tried to push off the hard mattress. Chanyeol, however, had other things in mind as he reached up and pulled the brunet back down on him. Sky rocketing out into the atmosphere, the beating from Baekhyun's chest became a freak of nature all on its own. "Chanyeol, stop—"

"You're really difficult, you know." Baekhyun shivered, feeling the giant's soft breath against his neck as he spoke. "But I'm okay with that. I like it."