Forgiveness

Mingyu woke up feeling sad and depressed while Wonwoo woke up feeling regretful. He was regretful because he should've stayed with Mingyu, he should've had the patience to wait for him but he didn't and he ended up hurting him.

Mingyu got dressed slowly, more slowly than usual then walked downstairs in a gloomy state. Mija noticed Mingyu's mood and how his hair was messy and not done properly.

"Oppa, why is your hair still messy? Are you going to do it later?" Mija asked him.

"Mmm." Mingyu mumbled and completely ignored Mija.

Mija got a bit worried for him and the first thought that came into her mind was that his secret of being gay got out and he was getting bullied. Mija kept watching how Mingyu was eating slowly and how sad he looked, that only made her more worried.

In Wonwoo's house when he was having breakfast his parents didn't notice anything unusual but Bohyuk did, he would constantly see Wonwoo biting his lip and looking like he was thinking. Bohyuk was right though, Wonwoo was thinking and it was of ways to make Mingyu believe him and trust him.

Both boys exited their house and they looked at each other from across the road, Mingyu looked away because he could feel his eyes getting a bit wet. Bohyuk ran over to Mija and Wonwoo followed, he was a bit hesitant to be around Mingyu and he didn't want him to feel uncomfortable.

"M-Mingyu." Wonwoo said but Mingyu ignored him and continued walking.

"Please listen Mingyu, in the library I--" Wonwoo didn't get to finish because Mingyu walked ahead of all of them, his tears were now on the verge of spilling out.

"Hyung what happened? You're both acting weird, is it relationship problems?" Bohyuk asked curiously and Mija was looking at Wonwoo waiting for an answer.

"We're not dating yet but it's just a misunderstanding, we'll be fine before tomorrow." Bohyuk and Mija looked at each other and knew it wouldn't be fine. Mingyu, who was still in front, heard everything Wonwoo said and he started to think that maybe he should've listen to what he was going to say before.

They dropped their siblings off at their school and walked to their own, they still weren't talking to each other. They arrived at school and went to their lockers, Wonwoo went up to the rooftop and Mingyu went to his friends.

"About time you came back to us!" Seungcheol said loudly to Mingyu.

"Yeah." Mingyu said softly and the boys knew something was wrong.

"Boyfriend troubles?" Soonyoung asked Mingyu and he looked at him wondering how he knew he even liked Wonwoo.

"Sorry, I told Seungkwan. He sort of told everyone." Vernon answered his question and Mingyu shot Seungkwan a death glare.

"Don't kill me, kill him." Seungkwan said while pointing to himself then Vernon. The other boys laughed but Mingyu didn't.

"Aish don't worry, it'll be fine and you'll figure it out." Jihoon reassured him.

"We're not even dating, but what happened really hurt me and affected me a lot." Mingyu told them and they started telling him to let Wonwoo explain what actually happened and to forgive him.

Mingyu wasn't sure if he should take his advice and he was debating with himself, the bell stopped his debating and he went to get his books then went to his class. First period went slowly for both boys but for the second period they didn't sit next to each other in class. 

Amaya used this as an advantage and sat next to Mingyu, she kept questioning him on why he looked so down and why he wasn't sitting next to Wonwoo. Mingyu ignored her and kept looking down at the blank page in front of him. Wonwoo was sitting alone until Haeun sat on one side of him and Jia sat on the other side. The two girls kept flirting with him and all Wonwoo did was smile at them, he thought it was disgusting because he was gay but he didn't want them to know that.

Mingyu looked at Wonwoo and sighed. "At least he isn't flirting back." Mingyu mumbled to himself.

"What did you say Oppa?" Amaya asked him.

"Oh nothing, I was just talking to myself." Mingyu said and smiled at her.

The period went by a little bit faster but it was more tortuous since both boys were in the same class and they had annoying girls flirting with them. When recess came Wonwoo went to the roof and Mingyu went with his friends, it was a boring recess for both boys and so was third and forth period. When lunch time came Wonwoo went up to Mingyu, he was going to walk away but Wonwoo grabbed his shirt and pulled him back.

"Come on the roof with me, please?" Wonwoo pleaded him, it took a few moments for Mingyu to reply but he agreed and followed him to the roof.

They sat down and a silence surrounded them, they were quietly eating their lunch staring at the empty space ahead of them.

"Mingyu," Wonwoo started and got his attention. "What happened in the library wasn't what it looked like, I walked away to look at some books while you were finishing your homework and Joowon came up to me. He told me he said something to you then he pinned me against the bookshelf and kissed me. I can promise you I'm not using you for anything and I'm not seeing Joowon, I think he's jealous that he lost me and you have me now." Mingyu smiled a bit at what he said at the end and felt a bit better about the whole situation. 

"I'm sorry." Mingyu said and Wonwoo was confused.

"Why should you be sorry? You did nothing, I'm the one who should be sorry."

"I'm sorry because I didn't listen to you before and I doubted you. I should trust you and believe what you tell me. I overreacted when I saw what happened, it hurt me a lot. I guess that shows how much I actually like you." Mingyu was looking down at his lap smiling and Wonwoo hugged him. Mingyu turned to face him and hugged him back.

"Promise to trust each other from now on." Wonwoo said and held his pinky out.

"Promise." Mingyu enlaced his pinky with Wonwoo's and they both smiled.

"You need to have trust for a healthy relationship and now that we've promised to trust each other, would you be my boyfriend Mingyu?" Mingyu's heart skipped a beat and he felt so excited, he nodded his head fastly and both boys hugged again.

"Have you seen Joowon today?" Wonwoo asked.

"No, maybe he's sick. Well that's good because that means he can't go anywhere near you." Mingyu said and gave Wonwoo a quick kiss on the forehead.

The rest of the school day went quickly and they went to get their siblings, both boys had the urge to hold each others hand but it was too risky for them.

"You guys seem more happier." Bohyuk pointed out and both boys smiled.

"I told you we'll be fine before tomorrow." Wonwoo said and Bohyuk stuck his tongue out at him.

"Are you dating now?" Mija asked curiously, Mingyu blushed and Mija pointed it out while jumping up and down.

"Please don't do cute things in front of me, I don't want to die at a young age." Bohyuk told them and Wonwoo hit him lightly on the arm.

They arrived at their houses and said their goodbyes. Mingyu walked to his room and did his homework while Wonwoo was playing games on his Xbox.

"Hyung, Mum wanted to tell you that on Saturday I'm inviting my friends over for my birthday and you can invite a couple over so you're not bored." Bohyuk told Wonwoo and he nodded, he only wanted to invite Mingyu to come over and no one else.

They did what they would usually do at night and they were both laying in bed texting each other, when it was late and they were both tired they texted goodnight to each other and fell asleep.