Monsters

Chapter 18: Anger Management

I woke up to someone shaking me. I opened my groggy eyes to glare at the person.

"Avery." A feminine voice shouted in my face. "Avery. Get up."

"I'm up." I mumbled and closed my eyes. The force of shaking increased.

"Avery." She shouted.

"I'm up." I continued to mumble.

"Avery." She screamed in my ear. I shot up and gave her the death glare.

"I'm up." I said in a deadly way. My mom smiled and patted my leg.

"Good. Now, go get ready." She demanded. She went to the kitchen and started getting pans out. I dragged my feet across the floor. I got to the stairs and just stared at them. I got on all fours and started crawling up. I walked to the shower and jumped in.

My feet padded across the floor as I was doing the last touches. I had a plan. Most people wouldn't want to do while there are people who would want to. I would be in with the second group. I grabbed my phone and texted Bella.

Avery: Hey, I am not going to school today.

I waited for the phone to buzz. A text came another minute later.

Bella: You're going to Jake's, aren't you?"

Avery: Yep.

Bella: Good luck!

I stopped texting Bella when my mom shouted at me from down the stairs. It was weird having a female inside the house. I am used to having a male. I walked downstairs to confront my mom about my plans.

"I am going back to Jacob's house. I am not satisfied with just one punch." I stated. My mom nodded and took a sip from her coffee.

"Alright. If you have any problems, just call me and I will be there." She said. I nodded and bid her goodbye. I grabbed my keys and a jacket. I jogged out to my truck and hopped in.

-
I pulled in the long driveway of the Black's house. I placed in the vehicle in park and turned the engine off. I breathed in as I got ready to do what I planned. I jumped out and walked up to the house. I banged on the door with authority. The door opened to reveal a sleepy Billy.

"Hello, Avery. It's nice to see you." He greeted. "How can I help you?"

"Where is Jacob? I really need to see him." I pleaded. Billy chuckled and shook his head.

"He is not here. What do you plan to do?" He asked. "Punch him, again?" I smiled and laughed.

"Something like that." I replied. My eyes landed on a sleepy Jacob walking around. His eyes grew wide when he saw me. "I thought he wasn't here."

"Avery, what are you doing here?" He asked. A shout was heard from the edge of the woods. My eyes caught Sam and his buddies. I marched over there with my fist clenched.

"Looks like we got company." A boy mumbled with a smirk. I went up and shoved Sam back.

"What the hell did you do to him?" I said through my gritted teeth. The boys started protesting against me.

"Avery, calm down before you regret doing something." A soft, spoken voice said. My eyes caught Madison watching me with cautious eyes.

"Go home, Avery." Sam threatened.