Monsters

Chapter 19: Flirt

Sam stared at my mom with wide eyes. A smirk was plastered on her face. Jacob sent me a confused look while everyone greeted themselves to her. Sam growled and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Who are you?" He asked. "Annabell is dead."

"You know, I am like a cat." Annabell replied. "I have nine lives."

"Go back to where you came from." Sam demanded. I shrugged his hand off and shook my head.

"No, she can't go back." I shouted. Sam sent me a look.

"I am only trying to protect her." My mom reassured him as she put her hands up in defence.

"From what?" Sam shouted in anger. I was confused to why he was acting this way. Annabell sighed and closed her eyes.

"Well, one of them is the Volturi." She whispered. I repeated the unknown name. "Also, I am protecting her from her father."

"What?" Jacob butted in. "Adam is dead."

"He is dead but he could come back to life anytime." She replied. The pack made eye contact and stepped in front of.

"We will help you." Sam said in a stern voice.

"Wait, hold up." I interrupted. "Do we even know why Adam is after me?"

"Yes, darling." Annabell as she made eye contact with each of the members. I stomped my foot and made a weird noise.

"No fair. I can't do that." I said as I continued to stomp my foot down. Annabell stared at me with sparkling eyes.

"Well, this is good. I get to teach you everything." She exaggerated. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I crossed my arms. She smiled and grabbed my shoulders.

"I get to teach you what we are. How to fight, how to control your powers, and how to beat all kinds of monsters." She said with a huge smile. I squinted my eyes and shrugged off her hands. I decided to ignore everything and shut the world away.

"I hate my life, now." I shouted out loud. I walked away to the barn to get away from everything. Anger boiled in my veins for some odd reason. I opened the barn doors and stepped in. I closed the doors so no one could enter. My body felt like it was going to explode from anger. The anger inside my body hurt. The pain hurt. It was like it hurt because I was holding all the anger in. I picked up the tool box and chucked it across the barn. The tool box hit the wall with a loud crash as the tools rattled. It made me feel somewhat better. A knock was heard from the other side. I sighed and opened the door. Madison turned around and smiled.

"Jesus, you sound like Jared when he mad. He just throws things." She said as she chuckled. I gave her a tight smile. "I figured that you would like to know, we are leaving."

"Oh, can I come?" I asked. Madison's eyes sparkled as she nodded.

"I don't see why not." She said with excitement.

"Why do you get so excited when you are around me?" I asked as I went back to grab some daggers.

"Well, I don't really have any friends." She said thoughtfully. I gave her a look. "I mean, I do have friends. Just, none of them are girls."

"Ah, I get it." I replied. "You need someone to understand you." She nodded and walked with me outside. I closed the barn doors and walked beside her. I wondered if she was a shape-shifter.

"Just so you aren't confused, I am a shape-shifter." She said answering my thoughts. The boys watched us walk up to them. "She wants to come with us."

"Great, more time with the babe." Jared said as he slung an arm over my shoulder. Embry punched him in the arm. "What?"

"Leave the poor girl alone, Jared." Embry said. Jared rolled his eyes and held me tighter.

"She doesn't care." Jared said cockily. "You don't care, right?"

"No, your warm. I'm cold." I answered. Jared smirked at my statement. "What?"

"I have millions of ways to keep you warm." He stated. My jaw dropped at the statement. Embry snickered and shook his head in disapproval. I punched him in the gut while he laughed. I heard a scoff from behind me. I turned my head to see Paul and Madison shaking their heads.

"You know, Avery. We would make a great couple." Jared flirted. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Would we now?" I asked. Jared nodded and smiled.

"We would, indeed." He said. I noticed that we were out in the woods. "Right, Embry?"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever floats your boat." Embry answered with a smile. Jared smiled and kept holding onto me. Madison was walking beside me with a smirk. Paul reached for Madison's hand as she slapped it away.

"Sam, what do you think?" Jared asked with a smile.

"No." Sam said with no hesitation. Madison gasped and glanced at me.

"I think you guys would be adorable." Madison stated with a smile. Jacob was quiet the whole time but glared at everything.

"I think we should run from here." Sam stated. Jared released me as I shivered in the cold.

"Wait, what?" I asked. Everyone stared at me. "I can't keep up with you guys."

"Well, we can give you a ride." Paul offered. Jacob tried to step up but Madison beat him to it.

"If you don't feel uncomfortable with any of the guys, you can join me." Madison said in a concern tone. Jacob ran off as he transformed. The sight amazed me. The rest stayed back and waited for me.

"Can we just walk?" I asked. Sam sighed but gave in.

"I guess."

--
Filler. :/ Sorry. What do you all think of Jared? Jared and Avery? Avred? Tell me what you think? Javery or Avred?

Vote, comment, and follow.

~Katie