Chapter 8

I can't avoid Eddie and him forever, I think as I walk down the hall. I pause right outside the doors that lead to the hallway thier cells reside. Taking a deep breathe, I open the door. I drag a metal chair over to thier cells and sit down. They look up at me a smile, "Hi" I said shyly. "Nice to see you Gwen" Jonathan said. Eddie glare over at Jonathan, "Hello Gwen" he says simply. I frown, they both look exhausted. "What's wrong with you guys?" I ask. They both exchange glances and shrug. Jonathan gets closer to the glass separating us, and inspects the bruises. "Gwen...what happened this time? And I won't believe you if you say you were mugged." He says to me in the time of a parent being disappointed in a child. I look over at Eddie's cell while thinking, and notice he fell asleep fast.
Then I just sigh knowing I'll end up telling the truth, "Can we talk about this tomorrow in confidentiality?" I ask because I don't want anyone to overhear our conversation. From across the hall i hear J groan in frustration, "Dollface, you were just getting to the good part!", he shouts. I just chuckle, "Sorry J. My lips are zipped." I say while smiling. "Well now they are...", he mumbles thinking I can't hear him. "J! Really?!" I roll my eyes. He just starts laughing.

"Is that you Alice?" I hear Hatter ask from next to the Joker's cell. Behind me I hear Johnny sigh in annoyance. "Nope", i say really loud, popping the 'p'. "Dorothy!", he yells really loud. "Hi Hatter. I just came to visit Scarecrow." He grins when I mention that. "Oh shut up!" I roll my eyes. "Well i'm tired, so goodnight Dorothy!" He says again. "Night Hatter." I whisper. Jeeze why is everyone taking a nap? Maybe so they can't talk at night about plans without being bothered.

I turn to Johnny to see him raising an eyebrow at me with confusion, "Dorothy?" He asks. "He says that you talk about me alot and I go to see you but no one else. You're Scarecrow so I'm Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz." I reply while blushing. Johnny just smirks at me, "Well it certainly suits you." "Th-thanks." I say quietly while taking a sudden interest in the floor. Crap, crap, crap. I can't like me patient. Not in that way. Snap out of it Gwen. It's only a nic name. I look up and he's smiling at me.

Well there goes my self control. Thank god there'a glass between us.

"So...." I say to break the silence. "You look really nice today." He says out of nowhere.

You look nice everyday. Calm Gwen, Calm. Stupid blushing.

"Thank you. You do too." I say as I get lost in his icy blues. Then from the other side of the hallways I hear J shout, "Let Johnny Boy out so he can kiss Dollface already!". Then Johnny shoots J a 'what-the-actual-fuck' expression. He would never want to kiss me. I'm not going to make a list but just saying that would be a long list. Plus my greatest secret is in that list of my various imperfections.

__________________________

Sorry for the short chapter. I might post another one today. Also, should I do Johnny's POV for the next chapter or at least part of it? Thanks for all the feedback, snowflakes! Love ya, bye!
-A.H.