Dorm Room 210: An Open Mind

A/n: Updated on 31st October 2019

Upon writing I realised how well this chapter would fit so much better earlier in the story, but it is what it is, and I hope you still enjoy it.

Instagram: broken_dream07 - follow me for memes, behind-the-scenes and comments! I love talking to you guys about anything - and the conversations we have are insanely fun!

Chapter 28:

An Open Mind

We stay at the Sky's home until late afternoon when Nicole announces that she needs to leave to make it to work on time. The warm weather beckons us to come join the sunshine while the weekend still thrives, but neither of us go out to play until the sun sets.

Last night was a blast – the details I remembered were, at least. We were all in the pool, laughing and dancing with each other until we were too cold and our skin got too wrinkly. Rachel had encouraged Jesse to sing Disney karaoke, which she recorded, and Nicole danced with a girl that couldn't stop touching her blue dress. They made out in the corner of the hallway. I had danced with Raven multiple times – his moves were too slick for me to keep up at most before my tiresome body succumbed in Noah's arms.

He had took me in his room and helped me change out of his mum's spare clothes she'd lent me into his spare pj's. He'd kissed my cheek, my hands, my lips, and had tugged the blankets over us in his bed.

Noah and I drive with Raven back to the campus before he disappeared in his dorm to get proper sleep since he struggled last night. Noah says that Raven doesn't like sleeping over at people's houses, even if it's close friends.

We decide to end the last day of the weekend with a proper date night.

Dressing in shorts and a spaghetti t-shirt with a cardigan over, Noah takes my hand and leads us to his car. I've never been on a date before, especially not with a guy I love. He doesn't share the location, only tells me that I would enjoy the scenery. Spikes of energy flutter inside me all through the drive, and I turn to Noah with an enormous grin until he smiles back.

"What?" he asks, darting between the road and me. "You look happy all of a sudden."

"It's because of you." I lace our fingers together, wanting him to feel the amount of love I have for him pouring out. "You make me happy."

His ears turn red, just the reaction I want, and he presses a kiss to the back of my hand. "Anything for you."

I believe that wholeheartedly.

"Did you have a good birthday?" I ask.

"I did," Noah says in surprise. "I wasn't expecting it to go well."

"So, what happened with you and Vincent after he left?"

Noah laughs. "You really did remember our conversation last night."

Barely remember. All I know is that Vincent has a fiance.

"He's invited us over next week for a family dinner to meet Cassandra." Noah shrugs like it's the most casual thing to be invited to. He's probably freaking out. "Who knew he found someone to spend the rest of his life with already."

I smile at him. "I'm sure you'll enjoy the quality time with your family."

We stop at a red light. He turns to me. "The invitation is extended to you as well, sunshine."

"I'm invited as well?" I blink at him, confused. "To be honest, I thought your family wouldn't want to have anything to do with me after all that I said."