59.

We got back to Coruscant. Turns out Anakin was harboring some information that could tip the scale of the war to whichever side knows it. He found the coordinates of the Nexus route. He was instructed not to say anything to anyone until he got back to the temple.

When we counted the heads from the escape pods we also learned we lost Captain Rex, who we assume has been captured along with Anakin.

The council has, after much convincing, appointed Obi-Wan and I to spearhead this mission. With Master Plo and Master Windu at the temple in case we need them.

"They've narrowed down 3 possible locations they could be holding Anakin and Rex." I said as we made our way from the briefing.

"My greatest concern is infiltrating their outer security. Their life form scanners will not be easy to fool." Obi-Wan stroked his beard.

"I have an idea about that.." I smiled, excited.

"Hey! Sorry we're late, we just heard about the briefing, we'll go prepare the ships, brief us on the way there!" Caleb said. Ahsoka not far behind him.

"What? Where are you going?" I asked him, grabbing his head and pulling him back before he could run away.

"To prepare the ships." He repeated.

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier, but we've decided you can't come on this mission." I told them, "It's too dangerous."

"But that's exactly why we should go, to help!" Caleb defended.

"But you're breaking into the Citadel, nobody has ever done that before." Ahsoka pleaded.

"The Citadel was not created to hold common criminals. It was created to hold Jedi. Now it's used to torture them. It is not a place for padawans." I told them.

"With all do respect, that's my Master in there. I want to help get him out." Ahsoka pleaded with me. I felt horrible, but it was for both of their safety.

"And you're being protective of me. How am I supposed to learn from you if I'm never allowed on any missions?" Caleb added,

"This is not a mission for learning. You either do or die, and that is not a risk I am willing to share." I told him, then turned to Ahsoka, "You know as well as I do, that Anakin wouldn't forgive us if we let you come along and risk your life for him. I'm sorry. We'll be back soon enough." Then I left them.

The plan was good if we execute this correctly.

First step is the carbon freeze. This was my idea to get past the life form scanners the have. R2 has 3 battle droids that have been reprogrammed to follow his orders. This will be our ticket into the Citadel.

"I've never been Carbon frozen before." Echo said.

"This is a first time for everyone, I believe." I told him.

"So this was your idea, (Y/N), carbon freezing?" Obi-Wan stood on his platform as I calmly walked to mine.

"Hey, you said you wanted to get past those life form scanners, and I don't hear you coming up with any ideas?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Are you sure this is safe? I don't want to end up as a wall decoration." Fives asked.

"Try to relax, when you wake up we'll be in the Citadel." Obi-Wan calms him.

I fold my hands and close my eyes. We are lowered and then freezing air hits my body. Then darkness.

~