Chapter 12: Sleepover

Copyright © 2016 MsDreamerGirl84. All rights reserved.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Unknown

..........

Xandrous' POV

My lips tug into a smile as I watch her sexy back dawdling along the shore. She was wearing a white summer dress that reaches her knees. The skirt of her dress dances around her hips, like big waves lapping against the rocks. The strong wind ruffles her hair and shines under the sunlight. She looks like a myth and I was awestruck at her beauty. 

She turned around to face me and she smiled. Her eyes glowing matching mine. I couldn't take my eyes away for I am scared she might fade. She brought her palms on her big bump and rub it, with a contented smile on her face as she calls me. "Come on, you're so slow!" she yells.

"Coming, babe." I chuckled in a louder voice so to be heard over the loud noise of the big waves lapping against the shore.

As I got closer, I saw her winced and she looks at me, frightened. Her palm holding underneath her big belly. As I look closer, I saw a crimson liquid dripping down between her thighs.

"Vicky!" I screamed and run closer, but it seems that I cannot get any closer. I saw her mouth opened and said something, but I didn't hear anything. She looks in pain, and dread filled me. My heart beat quickens and my muscles tense, fear settles in my heart as I kept on running. Just when I was close, she suddenly fades. 

"VICTORIA!!....." I screamed, my heart breaking.

I bolted sat upright as I murmured "Victoria?" My eyes involuntarily scanned the room and it dawns on me, it was just a dream, but my heart beat still hasn't lowered and fear is still there in my heart. 

I felt the moisture in my eyes. I didn't know I cried. 

It felt surreal. 

Wiping the sweat off my forehead, using the back of my palm, I quickly got out of the bed and changed since my shirt is already soaked with sweat.

.........................

Vicky's POV

"Mom, I'm fine," I rolled on my side and switch the phone to my other ear. My eyes traveled to the side table, craning my head up a little bit, and my eyes found what I'm looking for. It's already twelve at night. "How are you and dad?" I asked as I rested my head back on the pillow. I'm so sleepy and a little drunk after Frankie and I finished the bottle of Tequila to kill time while watching Batman vs. Superman. 

Xandrous was trying to stop me drinking, but as stubborn as I am, I win at the end. So here I am, taking all the credits after being stubborn. My head feels heavy, my eyelid feels like they are about to get glued, and I feel lightheaded to worsen the situation. 

"He's fine. He's busy trying to win this German investor, or rather to be with this hot and spicy looking German!" I could literally see mom rolling her eyes and the bitterness in her voice didn't escape my senses. 

"Are you jealous, mom?" I blurted out chuckling.

"NO!" she responded all too quickly and I laughed even more. I find it so hilarious. God, they are both old and they still love each other so much. Well, I'm not complaining. I'm just glad we are not included in the list of a broken family. And that, I thought of Cassie. 

I dismissed the thought. "You two should go out often," I remarked as I stifled a yawn.

"Tell that to your father who seems too energetic these past days!" mom spewed out bitterly and I couldn't even control my giggles. She sounded so funny.