Chapter 59

*HELLO, EVERYONE. IT'S ME AGAIN, WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER OF C&B.

So I just wanted to take a moment away from the caps lock to dedicate this chapter to someone. Recently, I got news that a big fan of my stories, named Jane, had passed away from lung cancer. A friend of hers, which I also dedicate this chapter to, told me the news and I was pretty rattled by it. It's hard for me to pinpoint why it struck me the way it did, but I felt really sad, nonetheless. Especially since this girl had helped me when I was going through a rough time, and I hadn't even known it. And it's so surprising to have her help me with my problems when she had had much bigger problems. But I was still thankful for the things she told me. I'm thankful for all of my fans and I wish them the very best. I'm dedicated to you guys, to make you all happy. And maybe that's why Jane's passing shook me. I guess I felt that I failed in someway, but I know that's not really the case. Regardless, thank you, Jane, for having been an amazing girl even through a devastating time, and thank you damnitsblue for having been there for her and for being strong.

Enjoy the chapter everyone and I wish you all the best. Whatever your demons are, you can defeat them.*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 59

Ao's POV

Slender and I walked through the woods for quite some time. It was mostly silent between us, but every so often he would ask if I was doing okay, which I always replied with yes.

"So, where are we?," I asked as I gazed up at the trees around us.

"We're not too far from Gracewood," the tall being answered me. I nodded as I stepped over a tree root that jutted out from the ground. The forest was very pretty and serene, despite the season. Most of the trees had lost their leaves only to have them strewn all over the ground.

"So, uh, how is school?," Slender
asked randomly.

I looked up at him. "It's pretty good," I answered, "Doing well in my classes, despite doing training and trying not to die."

"That's...very good to hear," Slender commented a little awkwardly with a nod of his head. I let the moment go anyway.

"So, why did you choose to come here?," I inquired to him this time.

Slender seemed to survey the environment before responding, "The forest is a place that I've deemed home for quite some time. I trust these sorts of places."

"Do you live here?"

"Not quite," he said, "A long time ago I claimed an old mansion as mine, placed it within the woods, or just about any woods for that matter. It's a building that can be found in every forest, so long as I let it be seen."

That actually sounds cool.

It does.

After walking through the forest, we finally came upon a clearing. The grass looked less green than it should due to the weather but the area still looked pretty. "We can talk here," Slender said, referring to the edge of the tree line and the clearing.

"What is it you wanted to tell me?," I inquired.

Slender messed with the sleeves of his suit and replied, "I wanted to tell you a little story. One that not many know of. You should take a seat, this will be a while."