Going Off Course

A/N

Shout out to my cousin who's waiting patiently for Every Time She Visits to get another chapter in, I'm too intrigued by where this story is going to bother with that story, but I PROMISE I WILL write something sometime soon. [Go check out her story, Love You Through It by DanielleSage263] :P Shout out to my readers who are reading this more than any of my other ones, you demented minds. ;) Love you!

Camille left the place they were in. She couldn't stand to be in the same place as Ember. How could she do that?! Julie wasn't on the list! It would have been understandable had she been, but she wasn't! Why did Amber do it? Why?!

Clairece was in a room Camille entered. Actually, she was in the last five places Camille had passed through. Was she going in a circle? Was Hell a never ending loop? No, when Camille started paying attention to the rooms, they were all different. Different colors, different themes. Why was Clairece in all of the rooms. Clairece looked at her. 

"We don't belong here." Camille stayed quiet, but still looked at Clairece, waiting to understand what she had meant. Did anyone really belong here? "We were raised in Catholic Schools and were promised Heaven at birth, baptism and everything! And we get this?! All of those years for nothing!" Camille nodded, although she disagreed with that statement. 

"It wasn't for nothing. We can still get out." Clairece looked at her with amazement.

"Bust out of Hell?"" Was she hearing Camille right? Camille nodded. Claire shook her head, knowing it wouldn't work. "He watches us. We're too late. That's the point of Eternal Fate." Camille shrugged.

"Join me or don't. I'm getting out. Tell the others, but leave out Ember." With the next sentence her voice was hard. "She deserves to rot." Clairece's eyes widened in disbelief, but she did as she was told. 

Stef wanted to stay. Crimson tried getting her to go with him and the girls. He didn't want to be here. But she gave the same argument as Clairece had before. Eternal Fate. They were all stuck here, whether they wanted to be or not. But Clairece had what they didn't have, faith. Stef didn't want to leave because the new boss was HOT! And the Devil was a leader she's been able to see even before death. Drugs, depression. That was the Devil making his presence known. What was God? A few trees. 

Crimson gave up. Heaven wasn't worth it unless Stef was there with him. Heaven was where she was. She tried persuading him into going with the other girls to try to find Heaven because she found interest in someone else, but he stayed with her.

If Amber was mad before, he was furious now! She just lost her best friend for good. All because of a reckless, stupid act of impulse. She had to take his anger out on someone or something. She knew just the place...

The light flickered when he came home. He'd have to fix that. "Nadia?" He called out. No response. Their house had an eerie feeling to it. Almost like someone was watching him. But when he checked, no one was there. He shrugged it off and cracked open a Busch Light. The remote wasn't working so he had to turn on the T.V. to watch wrestling the old fashioned way. The T.V. shocked him. It was a hard and painful shock. But nothing to do any real damage. 

"Ah!" He swore and sucked his finger. Then he heard her laugh. He turned around. Hands on her hips, a mean smirk on her lips and eyes narrowed in hate, but also glinted in amusement. There stood Paul Kyle's dead ex girlfriend, Ember Juliare. 

His eyes widened in shock and horror. Then he sighed in relief. It wasn't really her. Her hair was dark at the wake. He didn't go to the funeral. Her father kicked him out when he saw him. But he got a glimpse. Now, her hair changed between red, pink and purple. It was like the color changing horses in Wizard of Oz. She was a light skinned Latina, but now she was just a paper white pale. Then again, she was dead. Urg. It's been way too long of day. Why was he dreaming of her now when she died months ago? 

"Is this you visiting me?" He asked his hallucination, wanting to laugh.

"You're a sack of shit." His eyes widened. It really was her! "Who deserves death." She smiled, there was something in her teeth. Something red. "Or worse than death." She said sweetly. "Lucky for you, I can do that. I can't kill someone who's about to be or already is a parent." His heart was racing. "But what I can do, is grant you any misfortune I please, baby cakes." She said, her fingertips tapping his chest.  He winced. That's what he calls Nadia. It's what he calls all of his girls. He called her baby cakes once upon a horror. 

"Aren't spirits supposed to be friendly? Or are you one of them that God doesn't love?" She giggled.

"Baby cakes, I'm a Demon In Training. And your child is a Child of The Damned." He wanted to smack her. He knew this couldn't be real. "Do it." She dared. "Go for it. Show your true colors, baby cakes." She teased. He snapped, but she caught his hand and snapped his arm. 

The pain was excruciating! He screamed. He woke up. Where was he? In an old beat up looking apartment. Envelopes were on the kitchen table. Child support? The date on the letters and statements read 2022. He groaned. He missed out on everything. Nadia was gone. Nadia had a different man's last name. Conrad was six and Paul had no memory of any of it. He opened the fridge. Beer, Whiskey, Brandy. He looked around the apartment. It was filthy. Full of bottles, cans, a few pictures of Conrad and lots of trash and unopened mail. 

Amber smiled. She finally got the fucker back. "You did good. I'm impressed." The Devil said, putting His hand on her shoulder and rubbing. 

Meanwhile in Hell, Camille and Clairece were plotting their escape from this place. Little did they know, I had tricks up my sleeve. Come on, did you really think two Catholic Human girls could pull the wool over my eyes? Or... Horns. But we'll get into that soon enough. 

Their plan was to try to trick me into thinking they were performing their tasks like good little sheep, but I knew better. 

Camille was still angry about what happened with Julie and Ember. She knew she'd get over it, but also knew she couldn't risk someone like Ember on their team. Clairece asked about Ember and why she would do something like that. Ember wasn't the girl they knew before. She wouldn't do that. But this was a whole new girl. An angry and evil girl. Little did they know, Amber always had Ember in her. She was always this hateful. She just knew how to hide it. Here, in Hell, she didn't have to hide it anymore.

A/N

So, in case you haven't noticed. Time is different in Death than it is in Life. What is seconds in Death are days in Life. Which is why, months and years on Earth feel like  six days in Hell. 

What to Expect In Next Chapter: You're going to see what the Devil looks like. I'll try providing pictures, or describing as much as I can as to what He looks like. If you're not interested, I'll either make a separate chapter for Camille and Clairece's plan or I'll mesh the two chapters. I'll let the readers tell me what they want.

Thank you for reading! Love you! 

~Amara