CH 13: Two Weeks And A Thousand Shards

A/N Hey my lovely MISCHIEF MAKERs ( by the way I'm calling you that from now on ) here's the latest chapter sorry for the wait my school holidays just started, term 1 at my new school complete phew! I may not update again for a small while because I'm going on a massive family holiday with 16 other people! anyway, it's gonna be chaotic since we are all living in the same pretty big house but updating is gonna be difficult so, sorry guys, anyway enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xavier king's Pov

Two weeks. It has been two weeks since she left me. Two. Weeks.

To be honest, I'm not sure what to do now. We've tried everything. About two days in my best trackers followed her scent to a tree, but it was a dead end. It was as if she just disappeared.

Lately, I've been cooped up in my office distracting myself with alpha work. I know it's affecting the pack and more importantly my friends, but I just can't bring myself to really care.

Strangely enough, the time I feel most at peace and calm is when I'm with Lux. She often visits me and sits on my lap while I do work and it somehow dulls the ache in my shattered heart.

I hear the tiny pitter-patter of paws along the floor, before a black, furry figure lands on my lap. I sigh as Lux curls into a ball and starts purring. Back to work, I guess.

* 2 hours later *

A knocking on my office door brings me out of my work. I look up as Jenna comes in, closing the door slowly behind her.  I raise my eyebrow at her slightly as I look up, otherwise, I give no reaction.

It's then I notice the tray in her hands filled with food. my stomach rumbles loudly at the sight of; bacon, waffles, pancakes, eggs and other breakfast foods. " I noticed ou skipped dinner last night and haven't got anything yet, and it's already 9:30, so I got you some food. You need to be strong and healthy for when we find her." She says as she comes and puts the tray down on my desk. she leans down and kisses my cheek, I wrap my arms around her in response.

"Don't worry, we'll find her." She murmurs reassuringly in my hair rubbing my back like a mother would her child. I know I'm an alpha and shouldn't be being a baby like this but, I can't help it; she's missing, so part of me is missing too.

She kisses the top of my head and squeezes me one last time before leaving again. I look down at Lux, only to see her pained expression. I've never seen a cat look so sad, conflicted and pained before. Strange.

"You okay, Lux?"  I croon softly while petting her ears. Lux just nuzzles her head into my side and curls up again. Strange cat.

I dig into the food; I practically inhale it. I feed Lux some of the bacon after she whines and meowls for some. After devouring all the food I sit back in my chair, cuddling lux close to my chest. 

I don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm strong but she's my weak side. She's my oxygen, I'm dying without her. 

Lucy, where ever you are, come back to me. 

Please

------------------------------------------------------

Lucy Parker's Pov

When they talked about them finding me it took every ounce of self-control I have to not shift back and yell 'I'M RIGHT HERE' but I managed to hold off. I just broke my already obliterated heart more instead.

seeing Xavier get more and more depressed each passing day, has been killing me. Faith barely says anything anymore. the flower is slowly wearing off. I have a  week or so before I have to leave permanently, or if I were to shift into human form it would instantly wear off.

honestly, when my week is up I don't know what I'm going to do. Could I really bring myself to leave? Could I stay? Can I even last a week more of this torture? I don't think I can. 

Why am I doing this to myself? I'm killing myself willingly, But for some reason, I like it. This particular pain is like a drug; I'm hooked. I want to go back but I can't. Someone help me.

Please

A/N hey mischief makers! sorry is short but something big is happening next chapter. READ A/N AT THE BEGINNING ITS KINDA IMPORTANT IF U CARE ABOUT UPDATES GO READ! Anyway thanks for reading bye 

By Mysterious_Mischief