➸ 4. Selfish

Chapter Soundtrack:
Coldplay - The Scientist

----------------------------

This chapter has been edited and revised. All chapters with an arrow before the name have been edited. 

Add me on Facebook: H.N. Von Ward

Twitter: @authorwowchilee

IG: H.N.Vonward

Email : H.N.Vonwardgmail.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I think we should talk." His deep rich voice sent a shiver down my spine, causing my insides to flutter and my eyelids close on their own accord.

I inhaled sharply, taking in his scent which intoxicated me to no end. It was impossible not to be drawn to him. The power of the mate pull is relentless.

Turning away from him, I gave him my back as I let my feet dip into the water once more. He made a move to sit down beside me and my pulse became erratic.

I couldn't look at him during this; The conversation that I knew would break my heart. Again.

"How did you find me" It was barely whispered.

"Nova." He sighed, running his hands through his hair. "I can find a trail of your scent everywhere you go. It's maddening, almost explosive to my senses when I come across your scent trail. With my being older, it's harder to stop my wolf from scenting you out. It's difficult to control anything when you are involved."

He must have already healed from his fight with Deacon because I saw no marring of his perfect flesh as I studied him out of the corner of my eye.

I couldn't find it in me to fully look at him. I could barely sit beside him without wanting to push my face into his neck. My wolf was stirring just beneath the surface and I had to dig my hands into the earth to keep them from reaching for him.

"Please look at me." His voice broke, pain evident.

Turning my head to face him, his wide blue eyes were glassy with unshed tears. He felt a different pain than I did. He wasn't shattered, but he was hurting. I wasn't sure if it was over me or the fact that his pack looked down at him now. He had a lot to feel ashamed over.

Inhaling my scent, he let out a sigh and continued, eyes scanning my face.

"I want you to know what happened. You need to know."

I shook my head. I didn't want to know what happened between them.

"I don't want to know. It's none of my business." I sounded as detatched as I felt.

Those blue skies narrowed on me, jaw clenching. "It is your business. You are my mate and I don't want to give you up for my mistake. But I need to tell you." His words were honest and this surprised me.

He didn't want to give me up? A little too late for that. I shook my head and fixed my gaze back on the stream before me.

He must have took that as a sign to go ahead and tell me.

"Nova, I spent my summer at Blue Moon, as you know. The males there... They are always fighting, challenging. The females are friendly. It's not like it is here. They do not value the mate bond that they could have with their mate somewhere out there."