31 | Under A Sky Of Pink (Epilogue)

"Your love is my turning page,
Where only the sweetest words remain.
Every kiss is a cursive line,
Every touch is a redefined phrase.

I surrender who I've been for who you are,
For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart.
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours,
Well I would have known,
What I've been living for all along;
What I've been living for."

"Are you ready?" Yuko whispered, his warm breath hitting the side of my neck. Shivering slightly, I nodded, feeling my heart race with excitement. I felt him shift behind me, and slowly and gently, he untied the blindfold that had covered my eyes and restricted my vision.

I was immediately blinded by the sheer amount of pastel pink. The trees looked like chocolate sticks with candy floss on top of it, and the flowers that had fallen into the floor covered every inch of dirt, creating a sea of pink flowers. The fragrant smell of the flora calmed my beating heart almost instantly. I let out a sigh, my lips curving into a happy, serene smile. Today, Yuko took me to the garden that his father had reserved for us to go for Japan's annual hanami, and I wasn't disappointed with what I saw.

"This is beautiful," I said softly, slipping my hand into Yuko's and giving him a small squeeze.

"You are beautiful," he replied with a toothy grin, before he tugged at my arm. He began to take me towards the centre of the garden, and I immediately caught sight of possibly the biggest cherry blossom tree planted right in the middle of the park.

"Do me a favour," Yuko began, letting go of my hand. He shifted so that he was standing behind me, and he raised his hands to cover my eyes.

"Close your eyes, okay? I have a surprise," he said softly, before slowly guiding me towards the tree. I heard my shoes crunch under the flowers and dirt on the ground, all while Yuko led me forward. After what felt like an eternity, we finally stopped walking. Yuko lowered his hands and let them rest around my waist, hugging me tight from behind.

"Surprise," he said under his breath, and I only heard him because he was so close to me.

In front of me, a large cloth was laid out below the tree, and plates stacked with food sat daintily on it, begging to be eaten. Christmas lights hung from the tree, wrapped around the branches and trunk, winking at the both of us softly.

"I know that I already asked you to be my girlfriend, but I realised that just asking you alone wasn't good enough," he said quietly, resting his chin on my shoulder. "You deserve the grandest of gestures, and although I'm not exactly the greatest at things like this, I hope this is good enough for you."

"Are you kidding me?" I mumbled, turning around to face him. I slung my arms around his lazily and stretched to kiss his lips. "I don't care if you asked me in my living room, or on the top of the Eiffel Tower, or in a sewage system, Yuko. I said yes then, and I'll say yes a million times."

"You'll say yes a million times?" Yuko asked, raising an eyebrow. His smile widened, and he reached up to brush the hair that had fallen onto my face away.

"Yes, yes, yes," I giggled.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, leaning closer.

"Yes," I nodded, grinning widely.

"Will you let me love you forever and ever?" he asked, inching closer that now our foreheads were touching.