Chapter Eight

Hey guys! I know this is a boring-ish chapter, but it's really just a filler. It introduced the Shadow Pack and some key players in the story:

1) Darren

2) Jebadiah

3) Michael

4) Delaine.

They are all very important, so don't forget them! They are going to be appearing throughout this entire story! Especially Jebadiah and Michael. Darren is next on the importance list, and then Delaine. :]

Anyway, I'm really glad you guys are liking this story! Even though I don't reply to comments, I read every single one! They all make me smile so big and I love how supportive you all her! Thank you so much!

Also, I know this will be a disappointment, but I will not write a Xavier's POV in this story. All of this book is in Cadrian's POV, but after I'm done the book (which will no doubt take a while) I promise, I will add an extra chapter with Xavier's thoughts. But I want to keep you guys in the dark, so I won't be writing in Xavier's POV. Sorry!

Anyway...

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-Tavita

***

Chapter Eight

***

My eyes fluttered open, with much reluctance. Sleep still heavily lidded my eyes. I just wanted to let go and sink into the oblivion, where my dreams comforted me and kept me away from the harsh world I was in. I let out a sigh and relaxed back into the soft, warm pillows, letting waves and waves of sleep wash over me...

Until I realized: My pillow wasn't usually this soft. It was hard and incredibly uncomfortable.

And I was exiled from my pack. I had left the homeless shelter. So where did I get a pillow?

I shot up in bed, panic flooding through me. My head spun around in dizziness. I felt like I would throw up. I tried to stand, but then I felt a piercing pain shoot through my stomach. I gasped in shock and hugged my arms around my torso, which I realized, was covered by thick bandages, dots of blood seeping through.

Where are we? my wolf asked in a panicky voice.

Trying to gain my breathing under control, I glanced around the room. It was small and the place was metal: iron. Whoever had locked me up in here knew I was a werewolf. Iron couldn't kill us, but it would hurt immensely and I wouldn't be able to break it down. No werewolves could. This was obviously some sort of prison.

Suddenly, a door slid open. Reacting quickly, I pushed back against the wall, clenching my fingers into fists around the warm sheets. Any normal wolf would've attacked, but my body was in pain and I wouldn't be able to take whoever was at the door.

Shakily, I raised my head to meet cold brown eyes. The man standing there must have been in his mid-twenties. He was very built with ropes of muscles around his arms. He had to be at least over six feet four. His black hair was short and spiked up.

"You're up," he said in a harsh voice.

Is it not obvious? my wolf snapped, but I refused to let my wolf take over long enough to utter those words.